Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-18-2014, 11:13 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I have the leather smart case. More expensive then the plastic, but a lot tougher, and doesn't show scuff marks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:33 AM   #32
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Thanks everyone. I'm still looking. I do love the Apple Smart Case but the front worries me.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #33
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I have the leather smart case. More expensive then the plastic, but a lot tougher, and doesn't show scuff marks.
Mine was the leather one and cost $69. Not cheap, but it definitely scratched.

Last edited by jswinden; 03-18-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:02 PM   #34
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I wish the Apple case were more durable since it is so expensive. I don't want black. The blue one is a gorgeous color. My mom's red case got a black scuff mark just from putting it in the pocket on the back of a seat in front of her. I noticed the guy at the Apple store had the red case, and it was really dirty. So that's why I keep mine in a plastic bag when it leaves the house. It still looks like new after several months of use.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:08 PM   #35
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've ordered this one, I decided I wanted a solid front.

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/iskin-vib...ack-p39345.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iskin-vibes-folio-for-ipad-mini-2-ipad-mini-swirl-edition-black-p39345-300.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	120453  
Old 03-18-2014, 01:08 PM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I have the same colour as you, Jack! I don't see any obvious scratches on your picture.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #37
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I ordered this one on Saturday, I will keep it as a spare as I do like Lente Design cases but its a three fold so I don't really want it for commuting.

http://www.lentedesigns.com/apple-ip...gn-14441-p.asp
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2014, 01:25 PM   #38
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Cases on the Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I picked up the Apple Smart Case for my mini at the weekend and does anyone have any solution of the gapping top and bottom of the front cover? I am loathe to return it but I need a case to be secure in my handbag.

Or does anyone have any suggestions for a very lightweight secure case with a solid (or 2 fold) front?

Thanks

I have a beige Smart Cover and I like it because it's minimal and doesn't add much bulk or weight. However, the buttons (volume, mute) are very firm with the case on and I don't like that. I'm thinking of getting the RooCase Origami.

http://www.roocase.com/Origami-SlimS...p10519310.html
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:36 PM   #39
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I have the same colour as you, Jack! I don't see any obvious scratches on your picture.
Well that is a photo from Apple's website, not my actual case! The scratching was on the back where the case sat on my desk. The front never scratched, but it never made contact with anything but my hand. My desk is wooden and has a smooth surface, but the case got several small scratches and was starting to get a couple of dark spots/smudges near two of the corners. The Poetic cases I've owned for other devices look and feel very similar to Apple's Smart Case, but they have a plastic bottom wherein the device snaps in. They don't scratch and they cost $20 or less.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:24 PM   #40
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
For everyday use around the house I have a very minimal protection case (Incipio Feather).

However, for traveling I use a CaseLogic TNEO-108 weather resistant zippered neoprene case. Putting a Mini that's already in a case into another case is a bit redundant, but I'm cautious.

I got mine on sale at Fry's for $14.99; have recently seen them at Target for $17.99.

Some info here

Marty
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:06 PM   #41
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

As an update I love the Crazy Daisy Lente Designs case, although I'm still on the hunt for a solid front case as the Lente Designs is a three fold, but I sent back the iSkins Vibes Folio, I didn't like the hard ridges for the stand which would have lent against the screen.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:23 PM   #42
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I wish I had gone straight to the leather smart case. Instead, I mostly swing between the three I have, which are smart cover with belkin back, kensington leather all in one, and an STM something. All of those equalled the cost (and then some) of the smart case. Oh well. Now I'm considering the logitech ultraslim keyboard case for it.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #43
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I loved the leather smart case, it's just the front is too flimsy for a handbag. I really want a solid front case.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:47 PM   #44
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I wish I had gone straight to the leather smart case. Instead, I mostly swing between the three I have, which are smart cover with belkin back, kensington leather all in one, and an STM something. All of those equalled the cost (and then some) of the smart case. Oh well. Now I'm considering the logitech ultraslim keyboard case for it.
If you are talking about this one, be aware that it is not adjustable as far as tilt goes. I found that it held my mini too far forward in tilt when sitting on my desk. I had trouble reading the screen. Otherwise it is a decent case, but in my case (pun intended ) it just wasn't usable. i returned mine.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:22 AM   #45
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
If you are talking about this one, be aware that it is not adjustable as far as tilt goes. I found that it held my mini too far forward in tilt when sitting on my desk. I had trouble reading the screen. Otherwise it is a decent case, but in my case (pun intended ) it just wasn't usable. i returned mine.
Oh.. I thought it would be just as usable as the one for the iPad3 which I have and love. I never take the 3 with me anywhere anymore, it just lives in the sitting room on a table, ready for work or play. I love that one, and thought the mini would behave the same
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote