Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #1
bkelley
bkelley began at the beginning.

Device: astak 6" EZ reader
new to forum

I have an older astak easy reader and need to update some of the firmware on it. The address link on the forum is not valid. Any one know were i can get updated firm ware?
bkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, BKelley. I think you'd do well to post your specific question in one of the dedicated sub forums here. Luck and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi bkelley and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:22 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ....

Have you seen this post in a thread about Astak Readers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The Astak site on TheEZReader still has the links and even new ones only you need use the html view to see them. http://www.theezreader.com/html/support_firmware.asp

Dale
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkelley View Post
I have an older astak easy reader and need to update some of the firmware on it. The address link on the forum is not valid. Any one know were i can get updated firm ware?
Welcome

Which Model EzReader?
Note the firmware is not interchangeable between models.
There is firmware for other branding of the Hanlin V3 or V5 based units.
Lbook and BeBook are some
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2011, 08:42 AM   #6
chuckz
Enthusiast
chuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watch

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
There is firmware for other branding of the Hanlin V3 or V5 based units.
Lbook and BeBook are some
Please I need help.

I have the firmware 090907 - EZ reader pocket pro 5.

It lacks many features.

Since the new firmware is not posted anymore on their site - what are my options?
Hanlin, BeBook? Would it work?
And in case I have to rollback, still need the old firmware download file.
Or could I save a backup before trying another firmware?
chuckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:19 AM   #7
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
Try the Lbook firmware. It doesn't have TTS but I really like it since I switched to it a few months ago.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #8
chuckz
Enthusiast
chuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watchchuckz is clearly one to watch

Device: none
Thank you

That's what I did, too - figured it out after a little Net travel.
I can live w/out TTS, but on the Lbook site an older 2010 FW update for V5 includes TTS as a new feature.
It seems they've got rid of it in later updates, strangely
chuckz is offline   Reply With Quote