Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-12-2023, 12:18 PM   #181
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
I tried the updated PI and get this error after adding books.

Spoiler:
Quote:
calibre, version 6.26.0
FEHLER: Unbehandelter Ausnahmefehler: <b>TypeError</b>:'&lt;' not supported between instances of 'str' and 'int'

calibre 6.26 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: de
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && Action Chains (1, 18, 12) && Annotations (1, 17, 13) && Count Pages (1, 13, 2) && DNB_DE (3, 2, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 16, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 6, 0) && Extract People Other Metadata (1, 0, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 6, 4) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 8) && Goodreads (1, 7, 9) && Goodreads Sync (1, 16, 3) && Import List (1, 9, 1) && Job Spy (1, 0, 239) && KOReader Sync (0, 5, 2) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 10) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 5) && Last Modified (0, 8, 4) && LibraryThing Match (0, 2, 2) && Manage Series (1, 5, 1) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 1) && Quality Check (1, 13, 6) && Quick Preferences (1, 7, 0) && Reading Goal (1, 1, 3) && Reading List (1, 15, 1) && ScrambleEbook (0, 6, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 10, 1) && TextDiff (1, 2, 1) && View Manager (1, 10, 2) && Walk Search History (1, 5, 3)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 187, in manage_reading_goal
File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 245, in add_to_goal
File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 977, in get_book_info
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'str' and 'int'
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 02:25 PM   #182
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
I tried the updated PI and get this error after adding books.
The formula we gave you had another flaw: it set the values as strings ('0' and '100').

Try this:
Code:
program:
	switch_if(
		check_yes_no('#read', 0, 0, 1), 100, 0
	)
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2023, 02:32 PM   #183
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Still an error

Spoiler:
Quote:
calibre, version 6.26.0
FEHLER: Unbehandelter Ausnahmefehler: <b>TypeError</b>:'&lt;' not supported between instances of 'str' and 'int'

calibre 6.26 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: de
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && Action Chains (1, 18, 12) && Annotations (1, 17, 13) && Count Pages (1, 13, 2) && DNB_DE (3, 2, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 16, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 6, 0) && Extract People Other Metadata (1, 0, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 6, 4) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 8) && Goodreads (1, 7, 9) && Goodreads Sync (1, 16, 3) && Import List (1, 9, 1) && Job Spy (1, 0, 239) && KOReader Sync (0, 5, 2) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Utilities (2, 16, 10) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 6, 5) && Last Modified (0, 8, 4) && LibraryThing Match (0, 2, 2) && Manage Series (1, 5, 1) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 1) && Quality Check (1, 13, 6) && Quick Preferences (1, 7, 0) && Reading Goal (1, 1, 3) && Reading List (1, 15, 1) && ScrambleEbook (0, 6, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 10, 1) && TextDiff (1, 2, 1) && View Manager (1, 10, 2) && Walk Search History (1, 5, 3)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 187, in manage_reading_goal
File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 245, in add_to_goal
File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 977, in get_book_info
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'str' and 'int'

I don't know if it's important, but my #read column has 3 entries, yes, no, unknown.
I checked this in the options
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	YclguPBVKI.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	203723  

Last edited by Wiggo; 09-12-2023 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-12-2023, 02:44 PM   #184
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Still an error

I don't know if it's important, but my #read column has 3 entries, yes, no, unknown.
I got the error here too. I tested other approaches (even using Python), but it looks like it always return a string. I even tried using the 'round' formula, that is supposed to return an integer, and still got a string. I'll see what I can do.
Old 09-12-2023, 02:51 PM   #185
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Still an error

Test this version with a fix.

P.S.: You must understand that since you don't want to use a reading progress column, you will never have a 'Reading' or 'Rereading' shelf. It will always be 'Want to read' for 0%, or 'Read' for 100%.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Reading_Goal_test_version.zip (329.7 KB, 29 views)
Advert
Old 09-12-2023, 03:10 PM   #186
Wiggo
Leftutti

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Test this version with a fix.
It works!

Quote:
P.S.: You must understand that since you don't want to use a reading progress column, you will never have a 'Reading' or 'Rereading' shelf. It will always be 'Want to read' for 0%, or 'Read' for 100%.
I fully understand!

But I have a question, please.
How do I assign a book that I have read more than once, to several years? My reading date always contains only the last year.

edit:
I love your PI

Name:	calibre_Ofdr8pvmdo.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	203727 Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_JsQF4ZzDtO.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	432.2 KB
ID:	203728

Last edited by Wiggo; 09-12-2023 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2023, 03:57 PM   #187
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
How do I assign a book that I have read more than once, to several years? My reading date always contains only the last year.
Two methods:

- Manually change the date then add to each year.

- JSON editing. It's possible to copy entries between years and then change the dates on them. Not the recommended method unless you're very familiar with JSON structure, and even then it's very easy to blank the file.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 09-12-2023 at 04:02 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 04:14 PM   #188
Wiggo
Leftutti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Two methods:

- Manually change the date then add to each year.
Thx! I thought so
Old 09-12-2023, 05:12 PM   #189
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
It works!
Great!

Quote:
Right now, you have to change the date before adding.
I'm planning to add the option to manually set the date. This was also requested by @ownedbycats.

Quote:
I love your PI
Thank you!
Old 09-13-2023, 03:36 PM   #190
Wiggo
Leftutti

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
I'm planning to add the option to manually set the date. This was also requested by @ownedbycats.
Sounds very good!
Old 09-13-2023, 04:03 PM   #191
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A small suggestion: I have an Action Chain that uses a template selectively adds the readinggoal:yyyy tag to books, then opens Edit Reading Goal to trigger autoadd.

Would there be much general use for an action that just runs the autoadd then displays a 'x books added' dialog? (Ideally, it would be silent if 0 books added.) This would be helpful for the chains.

edit: Having an option to only have this action trigger autoadd would also fix it being slow to open statistics/edit goal, which is something I've noticed.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 09-13-2023 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-13-2023, 06:13 PM   #192
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
A small suggestion: I have an Action Chain that uses a template selectively adds the readinggoal:yyyy tag to books, then opens Edit Reading Goal to trigger autoadd.

Would there be much general use for an action that just runs the autoadd then displays a 'x books added' dialog? (Ideally, it would be silent if 0 books added.) This would be helpful for the chains.

edit: Having an option to only have this action trigger autoadd would also fix it being slow to open statistics/edit goal, which is something I've noticed.
I'll see what I can do. I really don't want to create another menu action.

As for being slow, I noticed this with your database. My database (with a maximum of 139 books in a year) is very fast to load. It takes only 0,1s to load the 'Edit reading goal' dialog in my laptop (5 years old). It feels almost instantaneous. With your database, it took 2.5s. I see you have around 685 book entries in a year, with a lot of reading records.

Because I noticed this, I was talking to Kovid to get some tips about using SQLite (instead of JSON), as calibre does. It would be faster. The problem is I know nothing about SQLite.

But... I also knew nothing about python when I decided to create my first plugin. I only knew some HTML/CSS back then. So, maybe I can learn how to do it. I'll give it a try when I have some time.

In the meantime, you could modify your chain. You don't need to open the 'Edit reading goal' dialog every time you run the chain. Just set the tag and leave it. The next time you interact with the plugin, it will update automatically. It makes no difference for you.
Old 09-13-2023, 06:15 PM   #193
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Yeah, that makes sense - in this case, I'm loading a bunch of books onto my eReader (storm preparation) using my 'send to device + add to tbr list' chain and it would make more sense to tag them and then open the edit goal once it's done.
Old 09-13-2023, 10:29 PM   #194
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

In Statistics, what is 'ideal' speed? It only appears on this year. I'm guessing it has something to do with unread books as I noticed it changing when I added more unreads to the goal.

Additionally: I didn't start recording my reading status until April 2020 (and one random book from March):

Name:	2023-09-13 23_28_29-Reading goal statistics.png
Views:	26
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	203751

Will the missing months skew any numbers?

Last edited by ownedbycats; 09-14-2023 at 03:07 AM.
Old 09-14-2023, 06:06 AM   #195
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
In Statistics, what is 'ideal' speed? It only appears on this year. I'm guessing it has something to do with unread books as I noticed it changing when I added more unreads to the goal.
The ideal speed is the one that will allow you to finish all the books in your reading goal by the end of the year.

Quote:
Additionally: I didn't start recording my reading status until April 2020 (and one random book from March):

Will the missing months skew any numbers?
Yes, speed and average. The plugin uses a 12-month period in its calculations. The exception is the current year: the period is counted from January to the current month.