Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-09-2023, 03:46 PM   #151
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Minor bug: I have one book that keeps stubbornly marking itself as re-read even though I only read it once. (This also happened prior to the json reconstruction.) Looking at the entries shows why:

Code:
     "records": {
        "1": {
          "date": {
            "__class__": "datetime.datetime",
            "__value__": "2023-08-30T23:06:45.403373+00:00"
          },
          "read_pages": 11,
          "status": 7
        },
        "10": {
            "__value__": "2023-09-01T07:35:48+00:00"
          },
          "read_pages": 152,
          "status": 100
        },
        "2": {
            "__value__": "2023-08-31T00:49:36.708383+00:00"
          },
          "read_pages": 20,
          "status": 13
        },
        "3": {
            "__value__": "2023-08-31T05:04:00.804985+00:00"
          },
          "read_pages": 43,
          "status": 28
        },
        "4": {
            "__value__": "2023-08-31T05:04:00+00:00"
          },
          "read_pages": 43,
          "status": 28
        },
        "5": {
            "__value__": "2023-08-31T07:13:56.843070+00:00"
          },
          "read_pages": 52,
          "status": 34
        },
        "6": {
            "__value__": "2023-08-31T09:51:03.772525+00:00"
          },
          "read_pages": 59,
          "status": 39
        },
        "7": {
            "__value__": "2023-08-31T11:00:22.277360+00:00"
          },
          "read_pages": 74,
          "status": 49
        },
        "8": {
            "__value__": "2023-09-01T02:10:58.013899+00:00"
          },
          "read_pages": 103,
          "status": 68
        },
        "9": {
            "__value__": "2023-09-01T03:50:57.112940+00:00"
          },
          "read_pages": 128,
          "status": 84
        }
      },
Manually fixing it just results in the plugin unfixing it.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 05:41 PM   #152
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Glitch:

Code:
calibre, version 6.26.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnboundLocalError</b>:local variable 'value' referenced before assignment
Found the bug. It is fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lys View Post
Just a warning, sorry! (and yeah, it makes sense that you need to add them to the internal DB first)

1.1.0 warns you no books were added, and after the warning ask you if you want to add them to the reading goal. If you add to the reading goal, then you can repeat the step to add them to the challenge.

Actually, when it asks if you want to add them to the goal, they will also be added to the challenge you were trying to add them to. It's just one step.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2023, 06:00 PM   #153
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I came across a very weird data-loss glitch:

I wanted to remove a large amount, think a few hundred, books (fanfiction oneshots) from my goal. I selected them all, then used 'remove from goal', but it said it only removed 50 (which is the amount I have from this year).
The 'Remove from reading goal' option only remove books from your current goal. To remove from other years, you have to open the 'Edit reading goal' dialog and remove the entries year by year.

Quote:
I used 'Remove From Reading Goal' on a few books confirmed to be still on the list, but it said no books removed. So I opened Edit Reading Goal and removed one of the books to see if that worked.
If these were pre-2023, you can't remove them using the option from the main menu like I said above.

Quote:
But now when I open Edit Reading Goal, it selects all my pre-2023 books on the list and tells me that they can't be added to the list. I have autoadd disabled.
That's weird. Have you edited the JSON file manually?
This is only supposed to happen if you have books on your current goal (2023) and them change their date to another year.
I tried to replicate your steps but nothing happened.

1) I selected 150 books, including 2023's and 2022's.
2) Clicked the menu and selected 'Remove from reading goal'
3) It said 74 books were removed (all my 2023 books)
4) Then I tried to remove the others from 2022 again, and got the the message that no books were removed
5) I opened the 'Edit reading goal' dialog, changed to 2022, selected the books and clicked the button 'Remove from reading goal', and got the confirmation that they were deleted.

The database remained intact.

Quote:
I tried re-adding the books to that year but no books were added and I still see them in the json file. A lot of the 2023 books are missing from the json though.

EDIT: The db itself is bugged - moving the json out to let it regenerate work. I can send it to you if you want to look at it.
Please send me and I'll take a look. Also, what do you mean by 'moving the json out to let it regenerate'?

Quote:
ANOTHER EDIT: I was able to restore some of the entries by manually reconstructing them from the bugged json and another backup from a few days ago. (Some still have missing entries, sadly, I guess I should start taking separate daily backups of the json.)
That's a shame. Maybe I can find what happened by looking at your database file. Also, the exact steps to reproduce would be very helpful. Like I said, I tried to follow your steps, but everything worked just fine here.

Last edited by thiago.eec; 09-10-2023 at 06:48 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-09-2023, 06:04 PM   #154
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
@thiago.eec I have problems displaying the bar columns in the statistics.
In Linux mint, as an operating system
That looks like a glitch on linux webview. Unfortunately I don't have access to a linux machine to test this. Did you teste it on another linux distro?
Also, you could try running in debug mode and post the log, to see if we get any more info.

Last edited by thiago.eec; 09-09-2023 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-09-2023, 06:08 PM   #155
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Minor bug: I have one book that keeps stubbornly marking itself as re-read even though I only read it once. (This also happened prior to the json reconstruction.) Looking at the entries shows why:

That's a bug. The 10th entry should be right after the 9th. It's a sorting error. I'll fix this soon.
Advert
Old 09-09-2023, 06:26 PM   #156
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Please send me and I'll take a look. Also, what do you mean by 'moving the json out to let it regenerate'?
I closed Calibre, then moved the .json folder to another folder. Then I restarted Calibre and opened RG to make a new JSON file.

I didn't do any manual json editing prior to this (I tried once, but it blanked the file and I restored from backup).

Here's three Reading Goal jsons. 'broken' is the one that caused errors.

I also included my most recent backup (pre-challenges) for comparison.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 09-09-2023 at 11:43 PM. Reason: removed no-longer-needed file
Old 09-09-2023, 06:41 PM   #157
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Here is what I did:

1. I went to my 'Read' VL and then used Tag Browser to filter to Oneshot. There's just over 1000 stories here, spanning from 2020-2023. 50 of them were from 2023.

2. I selected them all, then used Reading Goal > Remove From Reading Goal. It reported only 50 stories removed.

3. I opened Edit Reading Goal and looked. The ones from 2023 were removed, but earlier ones weren't.

4. I used 'Mark' to pick one of these books, then closed the Edit window and ran Remove from Reading Goal. It said no books removed.

5. I opened the json in Notepad++ and ran a ctrl+f for the story name, then compared it with some other entries (I saw no difference). Then I closed it without making any changes.

6. I tried 'remove' again with several other stories from 2020-2022. All of them got the message about not being removed.

7. I opened Edit Reading Goal, went to 2022, sorted by page count, selected one of the stories, and used the Delete key. Then I applied changes.

8. When I opened Edit again to check if it had gone, it marked all my pre-2023 books and said it was unable to add them.

9. I opened the options and checked the autoadd settings to make sure it was turned off. Then I closed the settings, restarted Calibre, then tried opening Edit and Statistics. Both of them got the same result.

10. With 'allow adding other year's reading goal' enabled, I tried adding a 2022 book. I got 'No book added to list.'

11. I opened the json in Notepad++. I noticed several recent books were missing.

12. Then I closed Calibre, moved the file to the Documents folder, and opened Calibre to let the plugin make a new json file.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 09-09-2023 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:10 PM   #158
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
I opened the json in Notepad++...
slightly off-topic though related, sometimes I use this JSON editor:

http://tomeko.net/software/JSONedit/

Tree view is interesting as it seems easier to edit/remove nodes for test purposes
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 09:08 PM   #159
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
I closed Calibre, then moved the .json folder to another folder. Then I restarted Calibre and opened RG to make a new JSON file.

I didn't do any manual json editing prior to this (I tried once, but it blanked the file and I restored from backup).

Here's three Reading Goal jsons. 'broken' is the one that caused errors.

I also included my most recent backup (pre-challenges) for comparison.
The 'broken' file is not really broken. It is a valid JSON, with no structural errors. That said, the problem is: your 2023 book list is basically a copy of your 2022 list (same books, with 2022 dates).

To me, looks like you accidentally renamed the '2023' key to '2022', because the plugin won't let you add books with a 2022 date to your 2023 goal.
Old 09-09-2023, 09:09 PM   #160
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Here is what I did:

1. I went to my 'Read' VL ...
12. Then I closed Calibre, moved the file to the Documents folder, and opened Calibre to let the plugin make a new json file.
I followed your steps but could not reproduce the error.
Old 09-10-2023, 06:44 AM   #161
thiago.eec
Guru

Version 1.1.1 - 10 Sep 2023

- Fix the error for autoadd values
- Fix for records being incorrectly sorted
Old 09-10-2023, 07:15 AM   #162
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:

This is fixed. You will see the records correctly sorted in the 'Edit reading dialog' and the reread count will be as expected too.
Notice that if you look inside the JSON, it will still be listed as before, because changing this would break old records.
Old 09-10-2023, 09:02 AM   #163
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Confirming both my problems are solved: autoadd works as expected, and I'm no longer getting surprise duplicates.

Additionally, I think it might have sense to have Series as a column in the Edit window.
Old 09-10-2023, 10:00 AM   #164
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
Back from vacation and excited about the plugin.

Quote:
Well, it would be fairly easy to add the option to check only a yes/no column, instead of your reading progress.
Unfortuantely I cannot choose my #read yes/no column
Click image for larger version

Name:	czPygFESvW.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	203688
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 10:12 AM   #165
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Well, it would be fairly easy to add the option to check only a yes/no column, instead of your reading progress.
After looking into it... I'm sorry but the reading progress is used in too many places, and changing this would be a lot of work, risking to break many things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggo View Post
Back from vacation and excited about the plugin.
Unfortuantely I cannot choose my #read yes/no column
Yes, you will need a reading progress column. I could not eliminate this. The plugin was designed to use this column from the beginning, so it would be really hard to change this behavior.