Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-24-2020, 06:54 AM   #1
Ekdog
Connoisseur
Ekdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with others

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Best Covers for Kindle Paperwhite

Hi. What are your favourite covers for the Paperwhite? I have a leather one on my device, which I love, and I've just bought my wife a new Paperwhite, and I haven't seen this same cover on the Amazon.es site. What do you suggest? I'd like something simple.
Ekdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 08:10 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Aura One, Glo HD
Why not give us an image of the one you purchased?
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2020, 09:38 AM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2018 iPad Pro 12.9", KO2, Paperwhite 2019
I just bought my husband a Moko cover for his new Paperwhite. A couple of years ago I got a case by Fintie for my daughter.

I go for the under $10 snap in type cases for my readers. I've not been as happy with Moko cover for my Oasis, the bottom right corner cracked, and they were no help since it had been a gift. It is now in a cheaper cover from IVSO. It's the first cover I bought, but the third I've used because of the cracks on that same corner on the other two. One was a Moko, one a no-name from eBay, but both had the exact same issue.

The only Amazon cover I've ever used is the one for the original Paperwhite. It's the Persimmon (Orange) color and is still in decent shape.
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:48 AM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
I go for the under $10 snap in type cases for my readers. I've not been as happy with Moko cover for my Oasis, the bottom right corner cracked, and they were no help since it had been a gift. It is now in a cheaper cover from IVSO. It's the first cover I bought, but the third I've used because of the cracks on that same corner on the other two. One was a Moko, one a no-name from eBay, but both had the exact same issue.
I’ve switched to the flexible TPU covers instead of the hard plastic ones. A bit heavier but so far so good.

I also often read without case (e.g. in bed) and I love how easy it is to remove the soft covers.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:55 AM   #5
Paperbackstash
Guru
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles. See Signature for Info.
I'd love a fancy, leather cover someday but Im pretty cheap and also attracted to "cute pictures"

They are a dime a dozen and some of the quality differs clearly. A bad thing with the cheap covers is that the ones I was keeping in storage for Paperwhite 3 ended up getting an ashy type mildew on the inside, so I ended up tossing them. Me having this issue doesn't mean you will, though - I live in Florida with high humidity and have window air instead of central air so sometimes the humidity can cause issues

I have pics of most of my covers in my Mobileread albums here. I do want to get a slip cover for my new fire from october last year instead of a case for that one. I'm eyeing an Ipad type sleeve since it doesn't need to be a case that fully fits.

I think we all have different needs for cases. I like to fold mine completely around when reading one hand, so I need flexibility, and if it cracks over time (holds up pretty well), at least with the cheaper cases it's not a big loss.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2020, 09:57 AM   #6
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2018 iPad Pro 12.9", KO2, Paperwhite 2019
I need a cover on my readers. I read in bed, laying on my side, glasses off and Kindle close. When on my right side, I can prop the Kindle on the bed because the cover makes a t-pee. If on my left side, I prop it on the pillow I'm using.

I've never liked a reader with no cover...too thin is hard to hold for me, the cover gives it something for me to hold.

The cracks in the lower right corner have been frustrating because they are right where the Oasis rests in the palm of my right hand when I read during the day. The 2017 Oasis has been frustrating for me on several levels. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't buy it.
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:29 AM   #7
Ekdog
Connoisseur
Ekdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Why not give us an image of the one you purchased?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1F93...ew?usp=sharing
Ekdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 04:46 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
This looks good for the PW4. I love the pug cover.

https://www.amazon.com/Anvas-Paperwh.../dp/B07KKKBJPN
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:14 AM   #9
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
I like the official Merlot leather cover.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 03:18 PM   #10
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, PW4, Voyage, Oasis 2, Oasis 3
I've given up on most third-party covers because they end up cracking or peeling. I picked up the official Amazon leather for my PW4 last fall when it was on sale, and I'm very happy with it. Not sure what's available for the OP in Spain, however.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 06:33 PM   #11
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad mini
No cover is best cover. YMMV.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:53 PM   #12
CathyA
CathyA began at the beginning.

I splurged and got Amazon's cork cover when I upgraded to the latest Paperwhite last year. Previously I was buying a new $10 cover about every year, because the edges fray and separate since my Kindle is used a lot and carried around in my purse. The cork cover is definitely wearing better than the cheap ones did, and I like the way it feels in my hand while reading.
CathyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:08 AM   #13
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I spend a lot of time reading and I find the Amazon cloth covers to be by far the most comfortable. They are, in my opinion, over-priced but like I said, I spend a lot of time with my Kindle. Avoid the yellow. Shows dirt like a son of a gun. The grey or blue is a better option.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 10:11 AM   #14
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I spend a lot of time with my Paperwhite and I find the Amazon cloth cover is the best for me. It's quite comfortable to hold.
https://www.amazon.com/All-new-Kindl...3180526&sr=8-1

Avoid the yellow because it shows dirt like a son of a gun. The blue or grey is, in my opinion, a better choice. I read while I eat and prop the Kindle against a beanbag and the slick plastic bottoms on the "pretty" cases are a pain.
Old 06-26-2020, 10:14 AM   #15
patrickt
Wizard

https://www.amazon.com/All-new-Kindl...3180526&sr=8-1

That's my choice. It doesn't slide when I lean it against a beanbag to read while I eat, it's comfortable and secure to hold and I like it. Avoid the yellow, shows dirt. Blue and grey are a better choice.

And if you read the link, ignore the shipping cost. I live in Mexico.