Notices

Old 06-16-2020, 08:41 PM   #1
scruffs
Connoisseur
scruffs doesn't litterscruffs doesn't litter

Device: ePUB Kindle and iBooks
Fonts lost on Kindle

I'm new to this.

I have set up my epub fonts in CSS. All looks fine in Kindle Previewer.

I presumed I should use an online converter to get azw3 format for the Kindle app. So I converted the epub.

When I open the azw3 in Kindle for Mac, my fonts are gone. Previewer said "Publisher's Font' when I viewed it there. But there is no selection in Kindle for Mac.

Help, please. I am obviously missing something.

THX
scruffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:52 PM   #2
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
What version of Kindle for Mac are you using?

As far as I know recent versions of Kindle for Mac no longer support KF8 (AZW3) format.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2020, 02:30 AM   #3
scruffs
Connoisseur

Kindle 1.28 downloaded form the App Store.

Is there a more recent format that AZW3? That seems very odd.

thx
Old 06-17-2020, 04:07 AM   #4
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffs View Post
Kindle 1.28 downloaded form the App Store.

Is there a more recent format that AZW3? That seems very odd.
That is the most recent version of Kindle for Mac.

I am not an expert on how things work in the Mac app. I probably should not have commented.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:13 AM   #5
scruffs
Connoisseur

:-D

It does open AZW3, but not with embedded fonts, and there seems to be no option of selecting them.
Advert
Old 06-28-2020, 08:33 AM   #6
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Do you actually have a kindle? If so, you can put your favourite fonts on it.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote