Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-10-2020, 03:43 PM   #1
bmcs
Enthusiast
bmcs began at the beginning.

Device: none
Convert to OpenDocument

This question has probably been ask many times before, but my searches have not unearthed an answer.
Calibre offers an option to convert files into Office Open XML ISO/IEC 29500 (ie. Word docx) file format.
Will Calibre ever offer an option to convert files into OpenDocument ISO/IEC 26300 (ie. Writer odt) file format?

TIA
Dave
bmcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 06:02 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcs View Post
This question has probably been ask many times before…
I've been here since 2012, and yours is the first request I can recall for this feature. And no one has developed a Conversion Output plugin for ODT ==>> Index of plugins.

Added: I found a formal Enhancement Request ==> https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1596136

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-10-2020 at 06:05 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2020, 07:59 PM   #3
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Ubuntu, Jutoh,Kobo Forma
I vaguely remember some discussion maybe a year ago. Odt was shot down since docx can be opened in Writer and then saved as odt, IIRC. That's what I usually do if I find a book that needs that kind of editing.

But if you have an epub and want a really, really well done odt from it with style names and everything intact, look at Jutoh. I've used this to go from a book basically written in the Calibre editor to get to a print version (epub->Jutoh odt->Writer small edits like gutter margins->pdf).
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote