Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-14-2020, 05:34 PM   #1
bsu74
bsu74 began at the beginning.

Device: ASUS TF201 Transformer prime running FBReader
Question Unable to transfer books

I run Calibre on my Win10 PC. A couple of months ago I crossloaded ebooks to my tablet that I use to read them on. Two days ago I went to upload more andCalibrecompanion could not connect to the wireless server.

Even when I entered the IP address and port manuall it failed to connect. This happened with my ASUS Transformer and my Huawei P30 phone both running current versions of CC.

I did try using a USB cable to connect the ASUS and Calibre recognised the connection, but even though it said it had transferred the books when I checked on a series search and three books that should have been transferred were not showing either by autor or series.

Could it be because Win 10 now longer supports homegroups?

My PC connects directly to my ADSL Router by ethernet and my devices used to connect via the wifi on the router.

Please help this silver surfer as I am 66 and rely on eBooks as I can easily enlarge the font and use high contrast.
bsu74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book transfer, wifi connection