Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 02-14-2020, 04:37 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
13.2.1 Now available for all Tolinos (except Shine 1)

The title pretty much says it all. I haven't tried it yet. Hope this isn't "recalled" like 13.2.0 was.

(Currently not showing up on the English site (mytolino.com) only on the German site, (mytolino.de)).

https://mytolino.de/software-updates/
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 04:50 AM   #2
Wallace Lee
Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wallace Lee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura second edition
.... It has been recalled on my Vision 4 device....
Wallace Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2020, 02:42 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace Lee View Post
When I checked the mytolino.de updates page from the link in rcentros' message, it shows the update as being available for the Vision 4 HD.

The mytolino.com page does not show the update being available for most older devices as yet though it still shows 12.2.0 as the update from 13.2.0 for the Vision.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 03:24 PM   #4
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
When I checked the mytolino.de updates page from the link in rcentros' message, it shows the update as being available for the Vision 4 HD.

The mytolino.com page does not show the update being available for most older devices as yet though it still shows 12.2.0 as the update from 13.2.0 for the Vision.
Kobo Devices should get the update to 13.2.1 - original Tolino devices are best with 12.2.0, unless they are used for German Onleihe (online lending)
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 05:24 PM   #5
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
After seeing this thread today, I used the "search for new version" function on my Shine 2 and it updated to 13.2.1

I never liked white text on a dark background when trying to read on my phone. Wonder if I will like it any better on e-ink.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2020, 05:35 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace Lee View Post
13.2.0 was reverted back to 12.2.0 on my Vision 4, but last night an upgrade check found 13.2.1 and installed it.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:39 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

And it's still that way today. But if you check for updates on the devices they should be good to go. (I'm updating my Shine 2 now.)
Old 02-14-2020, 05:40 PM   #8
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
After seeing this thread today, I used the "search for new version" function on my Shine 2 and it updated to 13.2.1

I never liked white text on a dark background when trying to read on my phone. Wonder if I will like it any better on e-ink.
I tried it. I'm not crazy about it. But it's nice that the option is there.
Old 02-14-2020, 05:43 PM   #9
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I tried it. I'm not crazy about it. But it's nice that the option is there.
Are there any other big changes? I didn't notice any right away.
Old 02-14-2020, 06:29 PM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Are there any other big changes? I didn't notice any right away.
No, none that I've seen. Font face seems to change more quickly. The Bright and Fonts Menu have changed a bit (no cancel or accept on the Fonts menu, just "x" out and there are extra choices in the Brightness menu). I can't see any difference in page turning speed (which is better than 13.2.0 which did slow page turning). So, unless you do want inverse screen mode, probably not a lot of reason to change. (Of course I haven't gone through everything yet.)

(Seems like there was "what has changed" page in the update process, but it appeared and disappeared immediately. I'll see if I can find that list.)

EDIT:
Most importantly, from my point of view, you can still borrow Overdrive books directly with the Tolino. Just confirmed that.

Last edited by rcentros; 02-14-2020 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:25 PM   #11
4691mls
Wizard

I saw that new optional super bright setting. I definitely don't need that!
Faster font changes will be nice though.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:50 PM   #12
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
I saw that new optional super bright setting. I definitely don't need that!
Faster font changes will be nice though.
I don't quite understand "super bright" setting. To me it just looks like it moves the brightness setting to the top of its range. (?) Maybe I'm missing something.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:45 PM   #13
4691mls
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I don't quite understand "super bright" setting. To me it just looks like it moves the brightness setting to the top of its range. (?) Maybe I'm missing something.
In a dark room, I set the brightness slider all the way to bright. Then I turned on super bright and it did make it a little brighter.

I don't know what it would be needed for. For me, if I am in a dark room the screen needs to be only moderately lit. If I am in a bright room or outdoors in sunlight I may be able to get away with turning the screen lighting off altogether.
Old 02-17-2020, 09:55 AM   #14
4691mls
Wizard

What I really wish they would add would be the ability to save the library card and password I enter in the browser so I don't have to retype those every time I get a library book.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:00 PM   #15
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
What I really wish they would add would be the ability to save the library card and password I enter in the browser so I don't have to retype those every time I get a library book.
I would like that too, the Sonys used to do that. Fortunately it's just the library card number with my local library, so not quite as bad. I do bookmark the Overdrive page, so that helps.