Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-05-2019, 03:45 AM   #46
lbschenkel
Enthusiast
lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Kobo Aura 1, Kindle DXG, Kindle PW2
Thank you all for the feedback. I'm happy to see it has been useful for other people as well, since I wrote it to scratch my own itch first and foremost.

Regarding the low activity here, I'm interpreting this as a good sign. I deliberately kept the plug-in as simple as possible, so from the user's perspective it does a single job and gets out of the way, and from my perspective it requires as close to zero maintenance as possible.
lbschenkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:00 PM   #47
mjart
mjart began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle oasis
Once again thanks, Having been a graphic artist in another life I so appreciate having wonderful hi-res covers to look at when flipping through my calibre library, Now if only I could find a metadata site that provided informative book descriptions. Your work is appreciated!
mjart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2019, 09:37 PM   #48
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbschenkel View Post
Thank you all for the feedback. I'm happy to see it has been useful for other people as well, since I wrote it to scratch my own itch first and foremost.

Regarding the low activity here, I'm interpreting this as a good sign. I deliberately kept the plug-in as simple as possible, so from the user's perspective it does a single job and gets out of the way, and from my perspective it requires as close to zero maintenance as possible.
With the plugin doing its task well, this leaves us with nothing to complain about which keeps the traffic low in this thread. Just wait until Amazon decides to make some changes...

Well, I could complain the title of this thread needs to be modifed to Kindle hi-res covers to match the name change for the plugin.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:23 AM   #49
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
With the plugin doing its task well, this leaves us with nothing to complain about which keeps the traffic low in this thread. Just wait until Amazon decides to make some changes...

Well, I could complain the title of this thread needs to be modifed to Kindle hi-res covers to match the name change for the plugin.
I adjusted the title
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 01:44 AM   #50
lbschenkel
Enthusiast
lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'lbschenkel has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I adjusted the title
Thanks. I suppose that's something only an admin can do? I couldn't find a way to do so.
Advert
Old 06-26-2020, 07:15 PM   #51
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As the release of calibre 5 creeps closer, is there any chance that you will be modifying the plugin to make it Python2/3 compatible?

Edit: I'm attaching the version I was playing with using Modernize. Basically, I just bumped the version number after running modernize so it would overwrite the old version on install. It works under calibre 4.19 and 4.99.6 (fetches covers, hasn't crashed yet).
Attached Files
File Type: zip Kindle Hi-res covers (0.4.1).zip (14.2 KB, 290 views)

Last edited by DNSB; 06-26-2020 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:44 AM   #52
lbschenkel
Enthusiast

Quote:
As the release of calibre 5 creeps closer, is there any chance that you will be modifying the plugin to make it Python2/3 compatible?
To be completely honest it hasn't been a priority for me given my personal commitments but I fully intend to keep the plug-in working in Calibre 5 and later, I just didn't take the effort to do that yet.

Thanks for submitting a version, that will help others who can't wait for me to modify the plug-in.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:24 PM   #53
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Edit: I'm attaching the version I was playing with using Modernize. Basically, I just bumped the version number after running modernize so it would overwrite the old version on install. It works under calibre 4.19 and 4.99.6 (fetches covers, hasn't crashed yet).
Given that this version is working with Calibre 5, can it be posted in the first message on this thread and the history updated? Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 01:02 PM   #54
lbschenkel
Enthusiast

As promised, I published a new version supporting Calibre 5. It should still be compatible with Calibre 4 too. Please report any issues.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:26 PM   #55
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbschenkel View Post
As promised, I published a new version supporting Calibre 5. It should still be compatible with Calibre 4 too. Please report any issues.
Thanks.
Old 08-01-2021, 03:52 PM   #56
Bookwyrmsrule
Bookwyrmsrule began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre 3.48, KindleForMac, Kindle Touch, Nook, Pocketbook
Thank you Ibschenkel!

FYI, It is still working in 3.48 still (on High Sierra). So happy this is backwards compatible. I love this plug in... so great for gathering metadata so I can quickly optimize images on book covers and see summaries while scrolling collection.
I wanted to thank you for putting in extra time and sharing your work.

All the Best!
Bookwyrmsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 08:12 PM   #57
jbusnengo
jbusnengo began at the beginning.

Device: multiple (Windows laptop/Android phone)
Has anyone else been having trouble with this plugin over the last week or two? I haven't gotten any high-res Amazon results in the last week or so.
jbusnengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 12:47 AM   #58
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbusnengo View Post
Has anyone else been having trouble with this plugin over the last week or two? I haven't gotten any high-res Amazon results in the last week or so.
I've had no issues when I supply the mobi-asin for the book. For books without the mobi-asin, it's been hit and miss for quite a while.
Old 10-06-2021, 08:49 AM   #59
jbusnengo
jbusnengo began at the beginning.

Device: multiple (Windows laptop/Android phone)
Quote:
I've had no issues when I supply the mobi-asin for the book. For books without the mobi-asin, it's been hit and miss for quite a while.

Hmm.. I'm not getting results even for books with a mobi-asin, yet when I go to the site linked in the first post that inspired this plugin, that still works for me.
jbusnengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 01:38 PM   #60
lbschenkel
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbusnengo View Post
Hmm.. I'm not getting results even for books with a mobi-asin, yet when I go to the site linked in the first post that inspired this plugin, that still works for me.
Note sure what's happening for you. I just tested the plugin with a number of different books and it could successfully find the covers. I tested books with and without ASIN, so it looks like scraping from Goodreads (which happens when there's no ASIN) is also working.