Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-24-2017, 03:37 PM   #1
major4579
major4579 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
Add Toolbar Button

I would love to be able to add Toolbar buttons to perform specific frequent actions. For instance, I'd like a Button that would do this in one-click:
Remove books -> Remove all formats, except... -> EPUB

There are other simpler commands that I would like to add directly to the toolbar as a one-click button.
Mark Books -> Clear All
View Manager -> Specific view name

These could all be in the Optional Second Toolbar, if necessary.

Is there a way to do this and I'm just not finding it -or- do I need to write a plug-in, which I've never done. I took a quick look at the API documentation and did not see any functions that would perform this type of action.

I guess I'm just lazy.

Thanks for your help,
Marc
major4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 03:41 PM   #2
uli
Connoisseur
uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uli can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo, Calibre
You can get something close with the Favorites Menu plugin. You can add a sub-menu action, rename (F2) them. You'll still get a prompt on which format to keep.
uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2017, 05:20 PM   #3
major4579
major4579 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
I've been using Favorites Menu for awhile - but I still find a lot of repetitive clicking, which is irritating that I can't figure out a workaround. Anyone know of a way to do this by writing a plug-in?
major4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:30 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
major4579 - try using existing or custom keyboard shortcuts - Clear marked books is Ctrl+Shift+M. And View Manager sets up a 'blank' keyboard shortcut for each View you define, which you can customise.

And/or use the book list context menu (use Shift+F10 if you don't have a menu key), move up and down with ↑ ↓ and traverse flyouts with → ←. I put frequently used Tools at either end of the list.

I don't have any icon tool bars. Just a one item menu bar - Preferences, but only because its mandatory to have Preferences somewhere.
so, why not put it here ==>> Click image for larger version

Name:	idea.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	155447

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote