Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-27-2015, 09:54 PM   #1
JoeSchmoe007
JoeSchmoe007 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Does Kindle Lending Library still exist?

Does Kindle Lending Library still exist?

Las time I borrowed a book was about 2 months ago. As I described in another thread, I can no longer connect to Kindle Store from my Kindle DX but there is some communication via 3G and I was able to return it today by initiating return via computer browser.

However, no books show up eligible for lending in computer browser (I don't remember if they ever did - I usually borrowed via Kindle directly but can no longer do that).

I then checked the list of my Prime Benefits and it seems Kindle Lending library has been replaced by "Kindle First": https://www.amazon.com/gp/gss/detail...3200_113075290

Did I miss the memo? Was there ever a memo?

PS I did subscribe to "Kindle First" and a free book was sent to my Kindle DX via 3G successfully.
JoeSchmoe007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:11 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
KOLL still exists. But you can only borrow them directly from a hardware Kindle device, and it is difficult to find KOLL books from their website.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2015, 10:31 PM   #3
JoeSchmoe007
JoeSchmoe007 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
KOLL still exists. But you can only borrow them directly from a hardware Kindle device, and it is difficult to find KOLL books from their website.
Can you post a name (link to) of any book currently available via KOLL? Do you mean that KOLL books cannot be borrowed via desktop PC browser (with delivery target being my Kindle DX).
JoeSchmoe007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:41 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 View Post
Do you mean that KOLL books cannot be borrowed via desktop PC browser (with delivery target being my Kindle DX).
That's correct, they need to be borrowed from a physical Kindle. I did notice on Amazon from a computer browser \ there used to be a Prime label for books that are part of the lending library, it isn't there anymore. It is visible from the Kindle. I just downloaded my book for December (I Am Livia by Phyllis T Smith).
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 11:09 PM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Only allowed 1 book a month. Even when I return the ebook I cant even See the books till the 30 days is up.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2015, 12:51 PM   #6
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
That's correct, they need to be borrowed from a physical Kindle. I did notice on Amazon from a computer browser \ there used to be a Prime label for books that are part of the lending library, it isn't there anymore. It is visible from the Kindle. I just downloaded my book for December (I Am Livia by Phyllis T Smith).
The Prime label is still there on Amazon.com (I find it easiest to find KOLL books by selecting "Kindle Unlimited Eligible" on the left menu).

Last edited by JoHunt; 12-28-2015 at 12:53 PM.
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 06:33 PM   #7
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHunt View Post
The Prime label is still there on Amazon.com (I find it easiest to find KOLL books by selecting "Kindle Unlimited Eligible" on the left menu).

You are correct, I see it too on the search results. However, if you look at the Amazon product page for the Kindle version, you won't see the Prime label. It used to be there as well.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:50 PM   #8
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoHunt View Post
The Prime label is still there on Amazon.com (I find it easiest to find KOLL books by selecting "Kindle Unlimited Eligible" on the left menu.
Thanks for the tip; this helps a lot.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:13 AM   #9
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
The prime logo doesn't appear for me anywhere. I guess you need to be a prime subscriber to see it.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 12:24 PM   #10
pidgeon92
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
The prime logo doesn't appear for me anywhere. I guess you need to be a prime subscriber to see it.
Could be. I can see it when I'm logged in to Amazon, but it's not there when I'm logged out.