Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-26-2020, 01:48 PM   #31
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I am very exited!
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 03:28 PM   #32
nixsee
Connoisseur
nixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notes

Device: none
Amazing! Will the betas be announced through the Calibre app update notifications, or is there somewhere else that we can check for them?
nixsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2020, 04:06 PM   #33
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixsee View Post
Amazing! Will the betas be announced through the Calibre app update notifications, or is there somewhere else that we can check for them?
For information on the current beta, you can check the Attn plugin devs: porting to python 3 thread.

You can check Calibre Betas to download the latest version. Note that there are still quite a few issues with plugins written for Python2 which have not been upgraded to Python3.

Edit: If you want to play with the beta, I'd recommend the portable version.

Last edited by DNSB; 06-26-2020 at 04:12 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 05:50 PM   #34
nixsee
Connoisseur
nixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notesnixsee can name that song in three notes

Thanks, I never knew those existed! I don't use many plugins, so hopefully it'll be ok (and, really, I'll primarily be using it for the viewer with annotations - I can keep using the normal version for the rest of my operations).
Old 06-26-2020, 06:43 PM   #35
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The 4.99 version in the plugins sub-forum made was created for plugin developers to test changes they have to make to be compatible with what will be version 5.

If Kovid follows past practices, when he has a beta version ready for wide-scale user exposure he will post it here in a thread titled something like "Calling for Version 5 beta testers" - it will be in the sticky section. If it's not I will make it so

Please wait until that happens.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2020, 07:22 PM   #36
nixsee
Connoisseur

Will do. Thanks for the hard work folks, we're all looking forward to it!
Old 06-26-2020, 10:37 PM   #37
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah all that's left is getting the annotations support working in the in-browser viewer, once that's done I will announce betas for testing/fine tuning of the annotations support.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 09:46 AM   #38
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
Calibre is THE BEST reading device

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Calibre does not run on my Kindle
Calibre does not run on my TAB2
Calibre does not run on mY Astak
Calibre does not run on my Phone

Calibre is a Library Manager 1st
Calibre is a conversion tool 2nd

Calibre is Not a primary reading device (I can' t hold up a 22" monitor for more than a few minutes and the Keyboard always ends up under the Cat making page turns impossible)

(That is Sebastian who used to fit in my slipper)
Cat-typing is a difficult skill to master.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-06-28 08-41-01.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	180254   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-06-28 08-39-35.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	180255  
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 11:22 AM   #39
nixsee
Connoisseur

Quote:
Calibre is THE BEST reading device
Agreed - I prefer to do all of my reading on my laptop because I read for research, and taking notes is ridiculous on any non-keyboard device. Therefore, I have no need for conversion - just library manager and reader. Annotations within Calibre would make it the perfect reading tool for me.

Being able to easily link/integrate those annotation notes with another notetaking app - be it OneNote, Evernote, or whatever - would be a dream come true.

Last edited by nixsee; 06-28-2020 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-28-2020, 04:20 PM   #40
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Being able to easily link/integrate those annotation notes with another notetaking app - be it OneNote, Evernote, or whatever - would be a dream come true.
See Calibre and Evernote for an example of what you are looking for.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 05:04 PM   #41
nixsee
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
See Calibre and Evernote for an example of what you are looking for.
Wow... I wish I knew about this years ago. Thank you very much! I'll try to set this up
Old 06-28-2020, 05:25 PM   #42
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Wow... I wish I knew about this years ago. Thank you very much! I'll try to set this up
Don't ask, won't know

Psst - the forum has a search function.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 12:48 PM   #43
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I'm looking forward to Calibre version 5. That way we can highlight and annotate eBooks from within the program.

For that reason, I'd like to ask if there is any plans to supporting the ability to annotate and highlight PDFs.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 01:01 PM   #44
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, I'm afraid not, annotations are for ebook formats such as epub/azw3/etc.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:09 PM   #45
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Question: Will there be an option similar to the bookmarks one for annotations be stored in the files themselves or as separate files?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annotation, calibre