Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM   #31
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
(Plus, it will cost me some more money, because I got the first books as paper books, and now I probably couldn't stand to carry the weight around, so I'll buy them as ebooks)
Just borrow the ebooks from the library. That's what I did. Didn't cost a penny. Of course, you sometimes have to wait a little while until a copy becomes available.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM   #32
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3, PPW 2 3, HDX, KBasic 5, 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Well, I'm hopeful. My Mom says she can't die until she finishes the series (she's 86). I think she'd be happy if even one more book came out.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:12 PM   #33
John F
Wizard
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Well, I'm hopeful. My Mom says she can't die until she finishes the series (she's 86). I think she'd be happy if even one more book came out.
Well, let's hope the series takes a very long time to finish. Best wishes to your mother.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:54 AM   #34
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
GRRM is in such as weird position. He doesn't need the money. I don't think it matters to his legacy at this point whether he finishes the books. The fans are kind of over it after the TV show's disappointing ending. I know the books and the show diverged but he's also said they end up more or less in the same place. It all feels rather academic.
I don't think that Martin got into writing for money and fame. I think that it is a mistake that many make to think that he lacks passion for writing just because it is taking him more than a decade to complete this novel. I completely understand those frustrated with the insanely long delay.

I also don't think that all fans of the books are fans of the TV series. I'm sure there is a great deal of overlap, but not 100%. And that is kind of personal because I've read the first few novels in the saintly days of yore, but I never ever liked the show and didn't get past season one. I look forward to the day that the series is complete and I can devote a few months to reading it from beginning to end. And I will never watch the show.

And I know that fans of the show (like some of my friends) are holding out for a better ending in the books than they received in the show. So no, it is not academic. Not for Martin and not for his fans.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote