Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-29-2020, 10:56 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Addict
ownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Custom Column: Alphabetical sorting in tag browser includes articles

I have a custom column that appears in the tag browser. Some of the custom categories include articles such as "The" and "A." They sort in alphabetical order so that "The Category" sorts as T instead of C.

How do I make sorting by alphabetical order ignore the articles without changing them all to "Category, The"?

ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:14 AM   #2
chaley
Grumpy old git
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I have a custom column that appears in the tag browser. Some of the custom categories include articles such as "The" and "A." They sort in alphabetical order so that "The Category" sorts as T instead of C.

How do I make sorting by alphabetical order ignore the articles without changing them all to "Category, The"?

Sorry, but you can't.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:52 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Addict
ownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheeseownedbycats can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Okay thank you. I thought I was just missing the option somewhere.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote