Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 06-20-2020, 04:12 PM   #256
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
How does this one compare to previous models you've had in terms of build quality and function?
It was comparable to my previous AGPTEK (discontinued model). It came in a different color and had 16gb internal memory as opposed to the previous 8gb; I didn't notice any other differences. I had it such a short time that I never tried Bluetooth or any other features except straightforward playing of audiobooks.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 04:28 PM   #257
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
My brand-new AGPTEK just died. I connected it to my PC, left it plugged in for maybe 10 minutes or so while deciding what audiobook files to transfer, and then saw that the computer wasn't recognizing it and, more alarmingly, that it had gotten hot to the touch.

When I disconnected it wouldn't power on, even after it cooled off. It will power on when connected to a wall charger, but then turns off, and begins getting hot again. Looks like the date/time have reset to zero; no idea if my files on it have been disappeared.

Since it's still in the 30-day return window, I'm having Amazon replace it, though I'm a little leery and a lot annoyed. Funny thing is, just this morning I put the box it came in into the recycling bin. Oops.
Sounds like the battery is shot. I had the battery replaced in my iPhone 6s by Apple and the battery they put in started swelling.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 10:38 PM   #258
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sounds like the battery is shot. I had the battery replaced in my iPhone 6s by Apple and the battery they put in started swelling.
A friend of mine just had the battery swell up in a Mac laptop.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 02:19 PM   #259
Paperbackstash
Fanatic
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles. See Signature for Info.
If I'm walking, in the car, or at the office I use a phone that no longer has service with my bluetooth headphones. At home a lot I use my Echo Show. The Echo Show syncs with audible book progress, and if using Scribd at home I use the backup phone's bluetooth connection to Echo Show to play via the speakers in the house.

And for those times when on computer, I play through computer speakers streaming while doing other stuff.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote