Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-15-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
send to reader: ePub the new default in version 0.4.137

From the Calibre changelog:
Quote:
Make EPUB the default output format and the preferred format for the 505 and 700
Can i change that default somewhere? I create ebooks for MR and i have always a ePub- AND a lrf-version of a book stored in the Calibre-library. But personally i do prefer lrf-files on the reader and don't want the ePub-files to be transferred automatically to the reader...
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:10 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
You can set your default output file in the configuration (look for a small button on the right-hand side of the search bar). There's also a drop-down on the main interface that lets you choose LRF, EPUB, or MOBI as the output.

I had the preference for LRF set already when I installed 4.137, so it remained when I upgraded. (To be fair, I haven't output a book yet...)
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 02:25 AM   #3
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
You can set your default output file in the configuration (look for a small button on the right-hand side of the search bar). There's also a drop-down on the main interface that lets you choose LRF, EPUB, or MOBI as the output.
I guess you've got me wrong. I don't mean the output file-format for conversations. Even if you choose "LRF" as default output Calibre will still send the ePub-version (if available) to the reader. I want transfer the LRF-file to the reader - even if a ePub-version is available for the book.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:59 AM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Not at this time. It is a planned feature to allow users to set the preference order of formats. As of right now you would have to modify the order set in the driver source then build Calibre yourself.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #5
netseeker
sleepless reader

user_none, thank you for the answer. I will downgrade to 0.4.136 and wait until that feature will be implemented. Even if i'm a programmer i just don't want to hack Calibre and build it myself with each new version - especially under Windows.
Advert
Old 02-17-2009, 07:45 AM   #6
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker
I will downgrade to 0.4.136 and wait until that feature will be implemented.
Good news. Kovid has implemented this feature. It's in trunk which means it will be appearing in the next release.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:05 AM   #7
netseeker
sleepless reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Good news. Kovid has implemented this feature. It's in trunk which means it will be appearing in the next release.
Oh well, that are really good news. Often it's the little things that makes one happy...
Old 02-20-2009, 04:31 PM   #8
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
I've tried that "transfer selected format" option in the latest upgrade. It's a fine feature, and thanks for adding it! At the moment, you can only transfer a selected format to the main memory. Could that option be extended to the storage card, also?

Great work!
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In the menu check the option to send files by default to the card
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote