Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 05-27-2017, 05:15 PM   #1
infinull
infinull began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Free Tolino Shine to a good home.

After my Sony Reader died, I needed a new reader, just something basic that rendered ePubs so I got a cheap Tolino Shine v1 on eBay.

It's actually alright for the most part, but there's one thing that makes it absolutely unusable: about 10% of the time when I try to turn the page (I prefer taps to swipes), it recognizes it as a zoom gesture (pinch to zoom).

The only solution when this happens is to put it in sleep, wipe the screen off with a cloth and then wake it up. It's possible that this only happens because of my moderate dandruff; however, I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the device.

Anyway, I bought a Refurbished Kobo Glo, and am really happy with it. (especially with KoReader installed), but throwing the Tolino Shine in the Trash (well taking it to a tech recycling place, probably Staples) seems like a waste.

Are there any collectors that want it? Or someone who's willing to try to hack it to fix the touch screen or add a hardware button?. There are rooting instructions online, but they're in German.
infinull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:18 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I could give it a new home. I would like to test a Tolino

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert