Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 10:51 PM   #61
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:32 AM   #62
Toader944
Toader944 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Got it David.Thanks for your help.
Advert
Old 04-04-2017, 12:22 AM   #63
Sco
Sco began at the beginning.

Device: N647
Hello davidfor, could you please send the img for a N647. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:54 AM   #64
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:46 PM   #65
NoddyAsWJP
NoddyAsWJP began at the beginning.

Device: KoboN647
Kobo N647 near brick

I have same KOBO N647 problem. I can push docs to it if connected by USB, but the reader does not recognize anything. It says no docs, although there are previously read books as well as the standard 100freebees that were there. Can it be resurrected?

All menus seem to work, but even factory reset does not solve.
Advert
Old 04-24-2017, 07:40 PM   #66
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:56 PM   #67
NoddyAsWJP

Download received. What is method of installation? I know an SD is required, but that is all.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:16 PM   #68
NoddyAsWJP

And...

Thank you profoundly.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:15 PM   #69
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

For instructions, see Memory Upgrade Mod Guide. It is for the Glo, but the basic steps and tools needed are the same.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:08 PM   #70
NoddyAsWJP

I went through all of the procedures, with the new image and programmed and repartitioned. When I power-up the Kobo, the only thing that works is the blue LED!

I used a 16GB MicroSD card. Is that too big (capacity) for the Kobo N467?

When I re-installed the original 2GB SD card, at least the navigation worked. When I checked its partitions with the MiniTool Partition Tool (Free) I found that there is a bad partition in it, probably why it doesn't fully work.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:25 PM   #71
NoddyAsWJP

Also tried to leave 8GB unallocated in 16GB SD. This did not improve things.

Am I missing a factory restart step??? Or a magic incantation?
Old 04-30-2017, 11:15 PM   #72
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Doing a factory reset after restoring the image is a good idea. It helps in some cases. Otherwise, unless you made a mistake writing the image to the card, it is probably the size. The WiFi is old enough that it might not support larger cards. It will probably support a 4GB card, but I don't know. Reusing the current 2GB card is what I think most people do.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:53 PM   #73
ruebyretro
ruebyretro began at the beginning.

Device: none
Think i'm having this issue as well. Is the SD Image still available please?
Old 05-25-2017, 12:25 AM   #74
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. But,

As you posted in the thread for the N467 version of the WiFi, I have sent you that image. There are two other versions, and if you have one of them, this image won't help.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:42 AM   #75
yankeelandy
yankeelandy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Original Wifi
Annnnd...for me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoddyAsWJP View Post
I have same KOBO N647 problem. I can push docs to it if connected by USB, but the reader does not recognize anything. It says no docs, although there are previously read books as well as the standard 100freebees that were there. Can it be resurrected?

All menus seem to work, but even factory reset does not solve.
This JUST started happening for me as well. Could you PM me the details?
Closed Thread