Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-20-2011, 02:34 AM   #1
patp1946
Enthusiast
patp1946 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Windows Installer Validity

For months now, I can never get the updates to install using the primary site. I get a Windows Installer pop up that says: This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

If I use the alternate site (Sourceforge) it works every time.

I am running Windows 7
patp1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:39 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just FYI, the primary download runs off googlecode and the alternate off sourceforge.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2011, 04:22 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Do you use any kind of download accelerator/manager? Those and antivirus packages seem to be common sources for corrupted installer downloads. For diagnostic purposes, you might want to switch such software off, clear your browsers' cache, and try a download from the primary mirror.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:31 AM   #4
patp1946
Enthusiast

I do use an accelerator.

Thanks for the suggestion.

If it is the accelerator and or antivirus, though, it seems like it will be easier overall to just automatically use the Sourceforge site since it does not cause the problem.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:40 AM   #5
patp1946
Enthusiast

I ran the latest update today with my accelerator on but I disabled Ad Muncher which is a pop-up blocker and the Prime site worked. So perhaps the pop up blocker was the culprit.
Advert
Old 08-27-2011, 07:24 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp1946 View Post
I ran the latest update today with my accelerator on but I disabled Ad Muncher which is a pop-up blocker and the Prime site worked. So perhaps the pop up blocker was the culprit.
That would seem probable. Glad it's worked.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote