Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-31-2018, 08:57 AM   #1
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Librera - a demonstration

I published a demonstration of Ivan Ivanenko's Librera working on the Max2.
I have been loving his product since I adopted Android; back then it was called "PDF Reader" and it appeared to be the best PDF reader around (today, it supports all your main document formats).

Many months ago, I succeeded in making Ivan interested in the world of EPD devices. Interestinlgy, the trigger was: "we now have devices of A4 size, could you please implement double-page rendering?". That's how it started. We had many exchanges, we discussed an amount of ideas - and I also contributed tiny bits of code to the product that you can now use.

Part of the goals is to try to make it work as well as possible on E-Ink displays and lower powered devices. The improvement process is still ongoing, but the product is an asset already.

The online description:
Quote:
A short demonstration of Ivan Ivanenko's Librera document reader (known nearer the dawn of Android as 'PDF Reader').
Double page on a 13.3'' (near A4) EPD screen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzfTJtSVUAc

mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:08 PM   #2
SnowRipple
Zealot
SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SnowRipple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Note Pro
Looks great! Qick question:

Does it allow phrase search across multiple pdfs?

That would be a killer feature!

Last edited by SnowRipple; 01-31-2018 at 01:10 PM.
SnowRipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2018, 01:22 PM   #3
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRipple View Post
Does it allow phrase search across multiple pdfs?
That would be a killer feature!
Yes (and no: it's currently not phrase but word), as we mentioned in the relevant thread you opened on the 20th.

I think it is currently an experimental feature though.

I discussed with Ivan the possibility of creating/embedding an indexer. But it is not something that is done overnight. One of the problems: a good indexer must embed a stemmer, and stemmers should be multilingual... A simple - effective - indexer, one can write within one day. But then, people may complain that it is not fully professional. So, it will probably happen, even soon, if a good ready-made library is found.

Last edited by mdp; 01-31-2018 at 01:25 PM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:39 AM   #4
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hello Mdp,

Thanks for the video.Very interesting and a very good job.

To be able to compare with the default application, could you show the maximum speed to turn many pages ?

I would see if the application is slower or if there is a slow down due to a buffer cache.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 01:17 PM   #5
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Manual crop with Librera ?

Some PDF of mines are protected by a Watermark. The mark is out of the 'page', so when I read the in landscape mode with two pages displayed, I lost more than 5 cm ( roughly 2 inches) in the width, the useful test is to small. How to manually crop a PDF file with Librera like with NeoReader 2 ?
Advert
Old 04-10-2018, 08:39 AM   #6
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Device: Librera PRO - 50% OFF - Black Friday
Randy11 please see answer in this thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=390
foobnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:00 AM   #7
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Tried this app today on android 4.0.4. It is smooth and handles troublesome pdf with ease.

Good to see "epaper edition" in app store.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:14 AM   #8
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
Tried this app today on android 4.0.4. It is smooth and handles troublesome pdf with ease.

Good to see "epaper edition" in app store.
E-paper is the same as Librera Reader, only one difference is application icon optimized for e-ink screens. So you can choose app by icon you like more
foobnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:22 PM   #9
Randy11
Wizard

An update with the Beta-7.8.40-c525 to crop the pages : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=404

Last edited by Randy11; 04-11-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:43 PM   #10
Randy11
Wizard

How to use the page buttons to turn the page ?

I would like to use the page buttons to turn the page, but I have only the sound menu. I don't know if it's an option of Max2 or Librera. The version tested is the Beta-7.8.40-c525.

Thank in advance

And please, could you give the list of actions to set the option

Last edited by Randy11; 04-11-2018 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:57 PM   #11
Randy11
Wizard

How to follow the links and go back to initial point (Beta-7.8.40-c525) ?

Hello,

For my EPUB or PDF files I would use the internal links and go back to the initial point : initial page 16, the link jump to the page 188 and I want to go back to page 16.

How to follow the links and go back to initial point with the version Beta-7.8.40-c525 ?

Thanks.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:40 PM   #12
Randy11
Wizard

Feature request for EPUB : 2 page mode and width fixed.

Hello,

A request for a new feature usable with the EPUB files (novels), the process could be :
  • define the margins top, bottom, left and right independently of the font’s size and (maybe) the width between the two pages;
  • the possibility to change the font’s size without changing the previous parameters. You could have 10 or 100 words in a line without changing the text’s width displayed.

Now, if I want reduce the page's width, the font's size is reduced too, you can look at the pictures.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180411-193632.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	539.5 KB
ID:	163417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180411-193708.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	462.4 KB
ID:	163418  
Old 04-11-2018, 01:41 PM   #13
gimble
Connoisseur
gimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipsegimble can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle, Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
I would like to use the page buttons to turn the page, but I have only the sound menu. I don't know if it's an option of Max2 or Librera. The version tested is the Beta-7.8.40-c525.

Thank in advance

And please, could you give the list of actions to set the option
Page turn buttons in Onyx Max2 should work in other apps too. In the top right of the home screen, one of the icons will be a circle that can switch to -+ or <> - that controls the page turn button behavior.
gimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 01:43 PM   #14
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimble View Post
Page turn buttons in Onyx Max2 should work in other apps too. In the top right of the home screen, one of the icons will be a circle that can switch to -+ or <> - that controls the page turn button behavior.

And thank you for the details
Old 04-11-2018, 02:41 PM   #15
foobnix
Connoisseur

>I would like to use the page buttons to turn the page, but I have only the sound menu.
Librera should support Boox hardware keys from the box, if not works you can run keycode util @@keycode_config in the search input field, you can send me keycode values I can make them as default (please see screenshot)

>initial page 16, the link jump to the page 188 and I want to go back to page 16.
If you go by internal link, in the bottom left should appear icon to return for previous page or you can use back button

>Now, if I want reduce the page's width, the font's size is reduced too, you can look at the pictures.
Please change font size from the book menu for text book format like epub (not zoom in-out)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-04-11 21-37-10.png
Views:	356
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	163422   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-04-11 21-36-38.png
Views:	305
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	163423   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-04-11 21-39-40.png
Views:	342