Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-21-2021, 05:15 PM   #1231
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have a ton of books that I got for free on my "Content & Devices" amazon page (ereaderiq or whatever it's called); I downloaded 19 of them and dragged them into Calibre and had it convert them to epub. No complaints from calibre. Ignoring the horrid formatting a few used all of the epubs looked fine in calibre's viewer.

Last edited by hobnail; 02-21-2021 at 05:41 PM.
hobnail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 02:25 PM   #1232
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
DeDRM 7.0.3 should work on a MAC for ePub, KF8, and Mobi.
Itís working fine so far, thanks.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 04:02 PM   #1233
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Itís working fine so far, thanks.
Have you tried the new DeDRM 7.1.0?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 04:52 PM   #1234
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Havenít had a chance yet. I doubt I will notice any difference, as I havenít had any issues with 7.0.3. I will update before my next de-DRM session.
Old 02-22-2021, 05:25 PM   #1235
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Iíve bought two books after installing it and it performed flawlessly.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 01:42 PM   #1236
tomsem
Wizard

Quote:
Havenít had a chance yet. I doubt I will notice any difference, as I havenít had any issues with 7.0.3. I will update before my next de-DRM session.
Updated to 7.1.0 and no issues.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:23 PM   #1237
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Updated to 7.1.0 and no issues.
Same.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 09:37 PM   #1238
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Just updated to 5.11 and 7.1.0 and tested on an old locked EPUB, and the only trouble I had was related to a custom file and my failure to notice that the upgraded-for-5 version of Modify EPUB included an updated copy of its me.py script file.

Havenít tested it on a known-protected Kindle ebook, but Iím optimistic.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:38 AM   #1239
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
I didn't have issues with 7.0.3 and I still have no issues with 7.1.0.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:07 AM   #1240
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I had no problems importing an AZW3 from Kindle for Mac yesterday with 5.6 and DeDRM 7.1.0. Hmm... perhaps I should update my calibre sometime.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 08:07 AM   #1241
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
With the release of DeDRM 7.1.0 I finally upgraded my calibre and tested it with a new book I bought from Amazon, and it worked fine.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 12:46 AM   #1242
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Blackberry Playbook, Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70
My main accomplishment is that I got the Obok plugin working on FreeBSD with my wine-enabled Kobo desktop.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 02:36 AM   #1243
jsessions
Enthusiast
jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jsessions ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo & Clara HD
I've finally installed Calibre 5.11 with DeDRM 7.1.0 although I've also kept a portable version of Calibre 4.23 with DeDRM 6.81 too until I've put new combination to the test thoroughly!
jsessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:53 AM   #1244
RodMyers
Enthusiast
RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7
fresh linux install. I do not see the linux readme/install.

I do remember that I need the default.key, but do not remember how to find, copy, etc this file.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated
RodMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 02:15 PM   #1245
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodMyers View Post
fresh linux install. I do not see the linux readme/install.

I do remember that I need the default.key, but do not remember how to find, copy, etc this file.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated
Detailed help with DRM removal is not permitted here. Ask at Alf's blog, or check the github conversations.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote