Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 10-03-2020, 07:46 AM   #1
Narga
Narga began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet
How to remove number suffix in download filename

Hello,
Since Calibre 5x, when I download a book from the content server, it's included a number as suffix. So, in I need to rename it before start reading from the previous location of the book in an ebook reader, Moon Reader for example.
Is this possible to remove the suffix of download filename?
The previous version of Calibre Content Server:
Code:
title - author.epub
The newest version of Calibre Content Server:
Code:
title - author_number.epub
Thanks in advance.
Narga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:04 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
How are you downloading it? Using moon reader, or a browser or something else?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:06 AM   #3
Narga

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
How are you downloading it? Using moon reader, or a browser or something else?
Both of them, when I download via Moon Reader, the filename include
Code:
utf8:"filename.epub
Old 10-03-2020, 09:42 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The utf-8 thing is because moon reader is not properly parsing the Content-disposition header.

As for the id after the filename, it's deliberate, to ensure that books with the same titleauthor dont clobber each other.
Old 10-03-2020, 10:06 AM   #5
Narga

Quote:
As for the id after the filename, it's deliberate, to ensure that books with the same titleauthor dont clobber each other.
How can I remove the id? Is this posible or turn-off as an option? Because it's change all my reading proccess and anotation from the previous version.
Old 10-03-2020, 11:58 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The id is constant it never changes. And no there is no option for it, best you can do is run from source and change it there.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:07 AM   #7
Narga

Quote:
The id is constant it never changes. And no there is no option for it, best you can do is run from source and change it there.
Thanks for your information, but I found the book id will change when I move to another library or after remove then re-added the ebook.
At this time, I read more than 200 ebooks with reading proccess and anotation.
From the Calibre 5xx, I must change the ebook's filename by hand per downloaded ebook before start continuing reading or look for the notes (so I'll miss/lost some ebooks).

Suggest: I hope you could replace the book id by another book metadata like: published date, published edition because the book id is changeable.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:22 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Use the built in 'Copy to Library (delete after...)' function to move books to another Library. It takes care of the ID change.
But what are you doing. ID is only part of the Folder name, not the books title (internal metadata)
If you had added {id} to your save template, you have found out, that only is accurate for a single Library instance. (been there back in 2011 found it made a bigger mess than I was trying to cure )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 10:36 PM   #9
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
ID is only part of the Folder name, not the books title
If you hit the download button on the Content Server, the downloaded file is named: Title-Authors-ID.epub. Guess he doesn't want the filename long that way. But Kovid has a solid point.

The only way to control downloaded filename from the Content Server, as far as I know, is use Calibre Companion, which has filename template.

Last edited by nqk; 10-06-2020 at 10:44 PM.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:26 PM   #10
Narga

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
If you hit the download button on the Content Server, the downloaded file is named: Title-Authors-ID.epub. Guess he doesn't want the filename long that way. But Kovid has a solid point.

The only way to control downloaded filename from the Content Server, as far as I know, is use Calibre Companion, which has filename template.
Yes, you're right. Before version 5, the downloaded file name is:
Quote:
Title-Authors.epub
But now, from the version 5, it's became:
Quote:
Title-Authors_ID.epub
To continuing read the books from other device or review the anotation from older/read ebooks, we need to change the filename by hands, so you will missed some books or important notes if you can't remember all of them.
For example:
  • You read the Title-Authors.epub from your smartphone.
  • You want to continuing read it on the tablet, download it from Content Server with the file: Title-Authors_ID.epub
  • You start reading from the beginning or dive into the reader's folder to change metadata file of them.
  • If you don't know about the reader/system too much, you lost your anotation, lost the reading book's proccess.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:28 PM   #11
Narga

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Use the built in 'Copy to Library (delete after...)' function to move books to another Library. It takes care of the ID change.
But what are you doing. ID is only part of the Folder name, not the books title (internal metadata)
If you had added {id} to your save template, you have found out, that only is accurate for a single Library instance. (been there back in 2011 found it made a bigger mess than I was trying to cure )
I mean: downloaded filename from Content Server, not saved filename in Library when add a book.
Old 10-26-2020, 09:25 PM   #12
Narga

I guess, this problem won't fix in future but thanks to the creator of this useful app.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:04 PM   #13
Narga

Finally, I found the solution: Use Calibre-go to get the ebooks from Calibre Library instead of build-in Net Library of ebook reader app (OPDS browser)
+ Install Calibre-go.
+ Change the download folder of Calibre-go to my ebooks folder.
+ My Calibre library stored on Dropbox folder to help me backup, sync everywhere so it's good to sync with Calibre-go.
+ Download the book then read with the favorite reader app. I use Moon Reader+ Pro as default.
In my case, it's perfectly. Hope it's helpful for someone like me.
Thanks,