Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-01-2021, 09:55 AM   #16
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinbilly View Post
Many thanks, Dave & daduke, for the advise.

Seems that I do not have a good connection on the inbound side. I tried to weld the cables with the 2 Tx/Rx connections on the kindle, but failed since the serial port was too small and the lead-tin could not stick to the tiny round copper Tx/RX connectors.

Much appreciated any suggestion.
Pehaps one of the approaches without soldering would still work, assuming the on-board connections are undamaged. Beyond that most of these boards have multiple serial pads. I hope you are able to reach you goal one way or another.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 02:01 PM   #17
tinbilly
tinbilly began at the beginning.

Device: koa
Dave & daduke,

I have successfully jailbroken my KOA. Just one thing, the root password I got in Step 1: Discover kindle diag mode root password was incorrect which resulted in an incorrect login during Step 4. In the end, I managed to get the correct root password at https://www.sven.de/kindle/.

Thank you once again for your advise.
tinbilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, koa