Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 10-29-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
listen to a movie

I haven't tried this, but I ran across it suggested somewhere today. I guess it falls under audiobook, sorta, so I put it here.

Link deleted by moderator

S

Last edited by HarryT; 10-29-2014 at 10:58 AM.
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I haven't tried this, but I ran across it suggested somewhere today. I guess it falls under audiobook, sorta, so I put it here.

Link deleted by moderator

S
I don't know if this website is kosher. Did he get copyright clearances for these files?

Last edited by HarryT; 10-29-2014 at 10:58 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
This is a flagrant case of piracy. Please don't post links to such sites.

Thanks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:10 PM   #4
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
This is a flagrant case of piracy. Please don't post links to such sites.

Thanks.
Now who would have thought that Kim Komando, national radio host, would get that wrong?? She had it listed in her email and web site today as Top 7 sites for absolutely free (and legal!) movies. I would never ever post something I thought was a pirate site, I know better. You are welcome to go to her site and check that I am not lying.
Sorry about that! I had no idea!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:14 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Now who would have thought that Kim Komando, national radio host, would get that wrong?? She had it listed in her email and web site today as Top 7 sites for absolutely free (and legal!) movies. I would never ever post something I thought was a pirate site, I know better. You are welcome to go to her site and check that I am not lying.
Sorry about that! I had no idea!
S
I definitely believe you. Shame on Kim for not doing her homework.
Advert
Old 10-29-2014, 01:17 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There's no harm done, but really, if anyone stops to think about it, how likely is it that the soundtracks of major movie releases are going to be released for free download?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:42 AM   #7
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Just out of curiosity, who would want to do this? With the possible exception of something like "My Dinner With Andre" wouldn't this be like reading a novel with everything but the dialog cut out?
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:27 AM   #8
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Just out of curiosity, who would want to do this? With the possible exception of something like "My Dinner With Andre" wouldn't this be like reading a novel with everything but the dialog cut out?
Well, why not? It would be similar to reading a play or movie script. If you've seen the movie, you can fill in the images in your head.

Back in the day, before VCRs, a few times I hooked up a tape recorder to the TV to record the sound of a favorite movie.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:05 AM   #9
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Well, why not? It would be similar to reading a play or movie script. If you've seen the movie, you can fill in the images in your head.

Back in the day, before VCRs, a few times I hooked up a tape recorder to the TV to record the sound of a favorite movie.
Scripts have stage directions, descriptions of action and of setting, etc.

But I guess I can see the appeal if you've already seen the movie, especially a favorite.

Speaking of listening to movies, this reminds me:
Do we have any sight-impaired folk among us who avail themselves of those "descriptive audio tracks" found on some DVDs these days?

I tried listening to them a few times with my eyes closed and I found them horribly jarring. Anyone get value from them?
Old 10-30-2014, 11:32 AM   #10
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Scripts have stage directions, descriptions of action and of setting, etc.

But I guess I can see the appeal if you've already seen the movie, especially a favorite.
Some transistor radios used to be available with TV bands, so you could tune in the sound of a TV broadcast. I used to listen to an afternoon soap opera this way when in school after I got hooked on it during vacation time. Again, it was before VCRs and time-shifting, so it was a way to keep up with the storylines. Since soaps are so repetitious and slow-moving and talky, it worked fairly well.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 03:22 AM   #11
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Some transistor radios used to be available with TV bands, so you could tune in the sound of a TV broadcast. I used to listen to an afternoon soap opera this way when in school after I got hooked on it during vacation time. Again, it was before VCRs and time-shifting, so it was a way to keep up with the storylines. Since soaps are so repetitious and slow-moving and talky, it worked fairly well.
And the soaps got their start on radio. In fact their 1st sponsors were soap companies which is how they got the name of soaps.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 08:33 AM   #12
ApK

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
And the soaps got their start on radio. In fact their 1st sponsors were soap companies which is how they got the name of soaps.
:/ But soaps on radio were written and produced as audio productions.
If someone pulled a gun, someone SAID so....

TV band radio....yeah, I remember that...ah, something else I can tell my kids about to make me feel old.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:43 AM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

For some reason, silent movies never did well on radio
Old 11-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #14
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
:/ But soaps on radio were written and produced as audio productions.
If someone pulled a gun, someone SAID so....

TV band radio....yeah, I remember that...ah, something else I can tell my kids about to make me feel old.
True. I'm just saying that's how the 'soaps' got their name in the 1st place. I agree that a TV program doesn't translate well to radio since the cues that you need aren't there like in radio dramatizations. Of course a lot of Radio programs later moved to TV. Dragnet, Gunsmoke, a number of the 'soap operas' that we see on TV today.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote