Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
shusai
shusai began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
K3 Only One Settings Page

I got my K3 on Friday but had not much time to really try it yet, all I did was reading the user's guide and playing with the settings.
Unfortunately, I could not find most of the settings as there is only one settings page.
On the bottom there is written "Page 1 of 1", but shouldn't there be 3 pages?
Is there something wrong with my Kindle or did I miss something?

Thanks for any help!
shusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's strange; I get 3 pages. Are you sure you're on "Settings" and not "Experimental Features"?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Yes, Harry is correct. Push the home button and try the menu again. k4k
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:34 PM   #4
shusai

Yes, "Device Info" is the last entry on the page.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's definitely the right page, but for me it's "Page 1 of 3". Have you tried resetting your Kindle?
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #6
shusai

Not yet, how can it be done?
Old 08-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

From the "Settings" page, "Menu -> Restart".
Old 08-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #8
shusai

Thank you!

Glad it was not on the second settings page...
Old 08-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #9
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
My settings page(s) expanded as I registered the device. Or more accurately as the pre-registration info came in via wireless.

NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:49 PM   #10
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by shusai View Post
Thank you!

You can also reset it by holding the power switch to the right for 15-20 seconds and then releasing it. You'll know if it rebooted if you see the Amazon Kindle page and a white progress bar as it reboots.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:49 PM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shusai View Post
Thank you!

Has that fixed it?
Old 08-29-2010, 12:51 PM   #12
shusai

I just tried "Restart", did not change, then also "Reset to Factory Defaults", but I still have only one settings page.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:53 PM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Drat. Is your Kindle registered? On the home screen, does your name show in the top left corner, or does it say "My Kindle"?
Old 08-29-2010, 01:00 PM   #14
shusai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
My settings page(s) expanded as I registered the device.
That did the trick! Now I have 3 settings pages!

Thank you all for your help!
Old 08-29-2010, 01:01 PM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Excellent!