Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
MikeFromHC
Zealot
MikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pandigital Novel
Pandigital Novel Firmware update

I downloaded but have not installed S10_08_06_K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip today.

I also emailed them again and asked why they don't published the name of the latest file and what it fixes.
MikeFromHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:58 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Interesting, they've taken the instructions for updating the software from an SD card out of the new User Guide. Now the only options they list are from the web or via wifi. But the website is still offering that option. I wonder if you upgrade to the new version if that option will no longer work.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
7tronics
7tronics began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel (1GB); Sony PRS-600; Augen "The Book" (returned)
I too would appreciate posts here on what levels of Pandigital Novel firmware seem to fix, since Pandigital doesn't seem to be posting this information.

Best, Mark
7tronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:18 PM   #4
emt
Nameless Being

You Could Try Slatedroid...

Although the site seems to be down now - maybe server issues? They have a very active Pandigital forum - lots of tweaks/hacks/mods.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:05 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I keep "trying" Slatedroid, but I feel like you have to be a programmer to follow most of the conversations there.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 12:34 AM   #6
MikeFromHC
Zealot
MikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-booksMikeFromHC has learned how to read e-books

I installed the 08 firmware and lost the ability to tap the screen.
I let the battery run down (two days) and installed the 20 update.
No joy.
I let the battery run down, still several hours with a one hour charge and reset the device. Apparently it can't be done with the unit on.

Reset "fixed" things and I am up and running again.

Now every once in a while the screen does not respond to anything for a minute or two.

I keep thinking about the early days of Windows when a DOS based app would show up and they didn't quite get the Windows concept. Most got swept under the rug before they got it.

You still have to download an update to find out if it is new and they still don't mention what it allegedly fixes.

I think their marketing idea is great but they should realize that it is still the nerd who buys into these things early on.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #7
MikeFromHC
Zealot

I just installed the S10_09_23_K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip with the same result as last time.
The system will not respond to taps.
This time I called tech support. He said keep tapping. I facetiously asked if I should tap for 10, 20, 30 minutes and he said it could take at least ten minutes!!

The alternative was to let the thing run down, which is an all day event.