Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-02-2008, 11:45 AM   #16
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
xepdmgr does work. That's really fantastic.

For people who might be interested, the attached file is a proof. Unpack it to anywhere and execute it from contentlister.
Attached Files
File Type: zip gtktextview.zip (28.4 KB, 506 views)
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:48 AM   #17
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
I've just tested this program for the first time on a ported app without any internal refreshes. I have to say, Antartica, you're a genius!
Glad to see you're still playing with your Iliad! Didn't receve the review unit yet? ;-)
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2008, 12:25 PM   #18
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Now I have to decide what my first Xepdmgr based release will be.
I vote for the very latest FBReader with icon and menu support. Note that this has tags for sorting your library and at least partial epub support. With iliad-regutils, it could replace both 0.8.04 and 0.8.14.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 12:30 PM   #19
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
Glad to see you're still playing with your Iliad! Didn't receve the review unit yet? ;-)
It looks like it won't be shipped out until monday. So until then, I've got to do something for the iLiad people.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #20
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Post Things to ponder on rainy evenings and moonless nights...

Hi All,

It would be great to avoid all screen refreshes when nothing happens...

- One thing to think about when porting applications is blinking cursors. I'm playing with a small self made calendar app right now: the screen kept refreshing until I disabled cursor blinking...

- xepdmgr interferes with the virtual keyboard. It (the keyboard) appears to handle it's own refreshes... the system gets slow when the keyboard is visible (especially in 'scribble mode')

PS: how do you guys get all that karma?

Last edited by hansel; 10-02-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Advert
Old 10-02-2008, 01:26 PM   #21
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
Hi All,

It would be great to avoid all screen refreshes when nothing happens...

- One thing to think about when porting applications is blinking cursors. I'm playing with a small self made calendar app right now: the screen kept refreshing until I disabled cursor blinking...

- xepdmgr interferes with the virtual keyboard. It (the keyboard) appears to handle it's own refreshes... the system gets slow when the keyboard is visible (especially in 'scribble mode')

PS: how do you guys get all that karma?
Interesting. I've been testing it with a notebook application, and haven't noticed the cursor issue. Although, I don't seen a blinking cursor in the app either.

This is a known issue. I wonder if xepdmgr could be disabled when the keyboard is up. Although, you can continue to work in the program while the keyboard is running, so I'm not sure if disabling it would be the best solution... It's a difficult problem for sure.

Look at the join date and amount of posts. It's tough to get karma in the iLiad forum as well, but you definitely deserve some.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:37 PM   #22
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

A small game (mines) with xepdmgr. Have fun.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mines.zip (30.9 KB, 497 views)
Old 10-02-2008, 02:34 PM   #23
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Hey, I just wanted to write "I don't get xepdmgr to start" & then I find sample code of run.sh, which will solve my problems. Great community!
Code:
./xepdmgr :0 ./gtktextview
Hey, I tried it all the time w/o ':' before displayname. Is the ':' in the help syntax of xepdmgr?
When I type
Code:
./xepdmgr --help
I get "wrong number of parameters"'. I don't believe this is wanted.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:01 PM   #24
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
New status: I have run the sample apps which ericshliao posted. Wow. This is working fine.

Uuuhhhhh. I have to test it now with some unreleased apps. ;-)
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #25
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Hmmm, I'll have to do some more work on integrating this in FBReader. When I go to a new page, it gets stuck in a refresh loop and keeps doing a full refresh.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:57 PM   #26
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
First of all, thanks for all your love to xepdmgr X-). It's really great having this tested.

Adam: about that refresh loop: wait until I fix the known bugs of version 1.2; the first one can cause that.

Yokos: Ok, I'll fix the --help message. That was being a bit in the lazy side (reusing the wrong parameters error with the --help command-line switch....)
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:38 AM   #27
ericshliao
Guru

I tried to use xepdmgr on emelFM2. I found that xepdmgr generated too many unwanted refresh for emelFM2. For example, before GUI of emelFM2 came out, the screen refreshed 6 (or 7) times with nothing to refresh.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:34 AM   #28
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
I tried to use xepdmgr on emelFM2. I found that xepdmgr generated too many unwanted refresh for emelFM2. For example, before GUI of emelFM2 came out, the screen refreshed 6 (or 7) times with nothing to refresh.
Have you tried deleting the libX11 in the lib folder of emelFM2? I tested with the same app, and with that deleted, it seems to refresh perfectly.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:37 AM   #29
hansel
JSR FFD2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartica View Post
This release has at least two bugs related to the multiple tracked areas part...
And at least one bug related to the timer... on my laptop Refresh is called 200 times per second while the cycle is set to 500 ms...

Back to the drawing board...
Old 10-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #30
hansel
JSR FFD2

Cool Keyboard...

Quote:
This is a known issue. I wonder if xepdmgr could be disabled when the keyboard is up. Although, you can continue to work in the program while the keyboard is running, so I'm not sure if disabling it would be the best solution... It's a difficult problem for sure.
I think it's not very difficult to tell xepdmgr to ignore the keyboard area. It's possible to ask the Xsever where the keyboard is...

Code:
hel@xyzzy:~/xepdmgr-1.1-iliad$ xwininfo -display iliad:0.0
[snip...]
xwininfo: Window id: 0xc0008c "MyScript Input Method"
  Absolute upper-left X:  24
  Absolute upper-left Y:  687
  Relative upper-left X:  24
  Relative upper-left Y:  687
  Width: 720
  Height: 248
  Depth: 8
  Visual Class: StaticGray