Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 03-02-2012, 02:46 AM   #1
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
How about streaming the Freebies forum?

I was just curious whether it would be possible to separate the Freebies forum a little bit. To me a "deal" tends to be something like those 30% off Kobo coupons or "Stephen King's latest on sale for 30% off at such and such site". On the other hand, most of these "free" books tend to be nothing more than spam to me and really clutter up the forum and hide the real deals. There are more than enough good books in the world than I have time to read so I don't mind missing out on the latest freebie about how to lose weight or some sort of Christian book. That's just my two cents-how do others feel about that?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:13 AM   #2
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
I feel it's perfect as it is most of the threads are clearly marked as to what they are. While one particular type of book may not be your style thats no reason to relegate it to a sub forum. I was actually rather surprised when I just opened it up and had a look at how many views the different threads have had and a number that I did not think would be popular actually are. I find if I check in often enough than it is easy to spot the new threads that appeal to me. Occasionally I miss the KDP thread but thats usually due to my own bad eye sight.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 04:43 AM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I personally have no objection to creating a Time-Limited Free eBooks subforum within Deals, given the rapidly-expiring nature of most of those and the fact that every week we get a bunch of repeats from FT Press and the Christian fiction publishers which are generally bumped up upon update and end up pushing down the brand-new stuff and whatever deals people think they might be interested in.

However, I'd argue for allowing the posting of free audiobooks and other non e-book free offers in the main forum, as those are considerably more rare.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote