Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free (Kindle KDP) Agents Under Fire Trio by Dana Marton

Dana Marton is a well known Harlequin Intrigue author. I had this trilogy on my wishlist for awhile right now. Separate they are 2.99 a piece and for the bundle it's 4.99 so to get this free is an excellent deal!

Agents Under Fire (novella trilogy)

Quote:
Book 1: Guardian Agent 22080 words

When Gabe Cannon's commando team is tasked with bringing down a rogue soldier, he doesn't expect to come face-to-face with the target's sister at the showdown instead of the man himself.

Jasmine is trying to lead the team away from her injured brother. Recognizing one of the hunters as her teenage crush is definitely a shock to her system. To save her family, she must convince Gabe that her brother was framed. But can she stop from falling in love with him all over again?

A fast-paced, heart-pounding romantic suspense that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

Book 2: Avenging Agent 22840 words

An undercover agent on a deadly mission, the last thing Jake needs is a troublesome beauty distracting him from his investigation. But something about Allison makes it impossible for him to leave her to her fate, surrounded by danger in a war-torn country.

They couldn't be more different, but soon they must rely on each other to stay alive, uncovering a diabolical plot that shakes even Jake's battle-hardened heart. Attraction grows between them as they form a tight team against their enemies. But to act on that attraction, first they have to stay alive.

Book 3: Warrior Agent 18360 words

Troy Hill has been tirelessly working for months to bring down a corrupt congressman. When the man’s goons capture him and lock him up, he knows they can’t afford to leave him alive. His only chance at escape is the congressman’s new security guard, Claire Montgomery. He expects he’ll have to either manipulate her into setting him free or kill her. He doesn’t expect to fall in love with her.

Word count taken from Smashwords so it may not be totally accurate but you get the idea.
This so made my day!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
If anyone's interested in more ex-Harlequin authors/titles, there was another one of those Patricia Watters omnibuses in the slushpile this morning. Looked like a set of historicals, but I didn't bother to check the listing. And I think there was also a BWLPP-pubbed Betty Jo Schuyler, or however one spells her name.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
If anyone's interested in more ex-Harlequin authors/titles, there was another one of those Patricia Watters omnibuses in the slushpile this morning. Looked like a set of historicals, but I didn't bother to check the listing. And I think there was also a BWLPP-pubbed Betty Jo Schuyler, or however one spells her name.
I think you mean Betty Jo Schuler.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Thx. Did u see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...87#post1976187

Sf award winner supposedly

(Sorry on kindle fire hard to type)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Thx. Did u see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...87#post1976187

Sf award winner supposedly
Yup, spotted it this morning, thanks, but I didn't bother checking his creds and just grabbed it based on the loltastic title. I love it when short stories have names like that.

Here's his ISFDB entry, which lists the awesome-sounding "You Were Neither Hot Nor Cold, But Lukewarm, and So I Spit You Out", which, as it turns out, was printed in this Fictionwise-available issue of Lady Churchill's Wristbud Roselet from the excellent Small Beer Press. I think I have something to add to the wishlist for the next 60% off coupon, if they're still going to do those.

Also, for the sf/fantasy backlist author self-pub enthusiasts in the audience, I will mention that today I saw shorts by Baen-published Dave Freer which tie into his Baen-published series and ISFDBed Ruth Nestvold and David Bain lurking in the slushpile again.

And just because it was out from an award-winning fellow Canadian and we don't get nearly enough quasi-academic non-fiction freebies at all, another history book from award-winning fellow Canadian history writer Stephen R. Bown: Wanderers & Nomads: True Stories of Eccentric and Wild Explorers in the Americas

Last edited by ATDrake; 02-22-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Because I feel like it. Also, Amazon broke the tools again. Just so you know.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2012, 12:41 AM   #6
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
I like Dave Freer's short stories - and do have a lot of 'em, but another copy can't hurt!

I also noticed another Ken McClure medical thriller :-

Chameleon - Ken McClure

436!

Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Yup, spotted it this morning, thanks, but I didn't bother checking his creds and just grabbed it based on the loltastic title. I love it when short stories have names like that.

Here's his ISFDB entry, which lists the awesome-sounding "You Were Neither Hot Nor Cold, But Lukewarm, and So I Spit You Out", which, as it turns out, was printed in this Fictionwise-available issue of Lady Churchill's Wristbud Roselet from the excellent Small Beer Press. I think I have something to add to the wishlist for the next 60% off coupon, if they're still going to do those.

Also, for the sf/fantasy backlist author self-pub enthusiasts in the audience, I will mention that today I saw shorts by Baen-published Dave Freer which tie into his Baen-published series and ISFDBed Ruth Nestvold and David Bain lurking in the slushpile again.

And just because it was out from an award-winning fellow Canadian and we don't get nearly enough quasi-academic non-fiction freebies at all, another history book from award-winning fellow Canadian history writer Stephen R. Bown: Wanderers & Nomads: True Stories of Eccentric and Wild Explorers in the Americas
Thanks, managed to snag it before it went up. And added the same one to my wish list (where it looks all lonely, by itself...)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote