Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #31
rihkama
rihkama began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I just opened my Glo (mostly out of curiosity) and I noticed that the internal SD-card was 4 GB so it is probably formatted to use only 2GB. I wonder if it would be possible to modify the partitions to utilize full space without opening the device first. It seems likely that Kobo has started to use larger MicroSD cards due better availability.
rihkama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #32
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
A few people have found this when they opened their readers. They have successfully resized the user partition to use all the space with no problems. I don't know if it can be done without removing the card. I suspect the device presents the partition to the PC in a way that prevents this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:04 AM   #33
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Maybe a naive question (I am not a linux user). Is it possible to modify the partitions by running a bash script on the reader?

Somehow connected question: Is it be possible to run a script in order to write an image of the recovery partition (or the whole sd-card) to an external sd-card.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #34
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Maybe a naive question (I am not a linux user). Is it possible to modify the partitions by running a bash script on the reader?

Somehow connected question: Is it be possible to run a script in order to write an image of the recovery partition (or the whole sd-card) to an external sd-card.
Both of those are possible. A script to create a recovery image would be very nice, and probably save a few people from permanently bricking their Kobos.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #35
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Thank you KevinShort,

It is good to know that it is possible. Maybe someone will pick up the idea.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #36
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Has anyone modded the memory on an AURA HD?
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #37
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Thank you KevinShort,

It is good to know that it is possible. Maybe someone will pick up the idea.
I hope so too! Both for the resizing of the partition and copying the card to an image.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #38
igor.carvalho
igor.carvalho began at the beginning.

can anyone send me a link with the microsd image? My kobo doesn't turn on, after remove the sd....
sorry with my English, I'm Brazillian and I'm learning how to speak...

please help me!
igor.carvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:38 PM   #39
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@igor.carvalho: I have sent you a PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #40
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
Has anyone modded the memory on an AURA HD?
I am all ready to, my order of 8GB MicroSD cards is due here tomorrow from
Newegg. I have the image made and the MiniTool Partition Wizard standing
by. I even wrote the image onto an 8GB SD card and extended the partition
just as I will when my new MicroSD card gets here.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 05-02-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #41
0x55
userdefined
0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo ClaraHD, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I don't know if it can be done without removing the card. I suspect the device presents the partition to the PC in a way that prevents this.
I've done this (fixed a 4GB partitioned as 2) for a friend. Can't say if it works without removing, just assumed the card would have to be out of a running Kobo to adjust the partition.

But removed, using iPartition (Mac) for the resize, it worked.

The same technique upgraded my Glo to 16G internal.
0x55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #42
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Anyone done this on a Kobo Mini ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #43
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Anyone done this on a Kobo Mini ?
I am fairly sure I have seen a report that of it being done. In any case, it should work. And if it doesn't, just put the original card back int.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #44
igor.carvalho
igor.carvalho began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@igor.carvalho: I have sent you a PM.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

My kobo is working again!! I'm so thankfull!
igor.carvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #45
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Well it looks like the cloning and extension went fine, as far as I can tell.
The problem is that sometime along the way I broke the touchscreen function.
It doesn't work with either Micro card in it. I might have messed it up trying to use
it out of the case. I seems to be working normally otherwise, just poking the screen
does nothing.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, glo memory upgrade mod, hack, increase, kobo, sdcard