Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-26-2019, 10:22 AM   #33166
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Lay's Dill Pickle chips are great! I can easily destroy a whole bag, which is why I don't buy them often.
I wonder if they are available in single-serve bags? I also have a few junk foods that tempt me to eat too many - mostly sweets in my case. if I have a sugar craving I like to buy one single candy bar, or a mini pack of cookies. I'm sure the cost per ounce is a lot more than buying a large package, but if you want to make sure you eat only a small amount, it's worth it!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:34 PM   #33167
HLS
HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.HLS is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Kindle Oasis,Paperwhite,Ook Glowlight Plus, KOBO Aura,H2O, Cara
I hate amazon at the moment. I bought a kindle exclusive and got an email of a $3 credit to be applied to a specific list of ebooks. I made my purchase but it was never credited. I contacted customer service. First, they told me I had to buy a hardback to be shipped ( a lie) then they said I need to purchase from a specific list of books. I told them I already made a purchase towards a book on that list and it was never credited the $3 at least 20 times. I was so mad I almost took a baseball bat to my PC and I only had to ask for a refund of all my purchases today like another 20 times. PLUS even more aggravating all the books on the list to choose from are all on kindle unlimited which I already have a subscription (free)
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2019, 01:29 AM   #33168
trichobezoar
Pi, Cacti & Stimuli
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Why can't I find nice things in the dumpster?

#dumpsterfinds #firstworldproblems

[Update: I finally fixed the drafting table/drawing board I found using... thingamajigs. Now it's usable.]

Last edited by trichobezoar; 09-02-2019 at 02:48 AM.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:20 PM   #33169
Blas
Ulica Guy
Blas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo Touch and a Galaxy S8 for my Comics duh
So in one week I'm going to be leaving my country to try something in Europe. It's a huge step that I'm taking in my life rn. Not only because it's another country but it's mostly because of my anxiety and depression.
The few people who know me, knows I'm always in my room, that's because I feel that it is my fort. This is why I never go out with fiends or family. It ended up being my own prison without me even noticing. This trip is going to be my change to change it. To leave my cave knowing I can survive out there, without having the fear of what people will think about me.
I won't lie it's scary as hell. I'm at my room rn and just thinking about it makes my heart goes fast but well I have to do it. Doesn't matter how my negative mind will trick me I am not going to fall back.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Blas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 12:52 AM   #33170
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 10th Gen Paperwhite, Oasis, Voyage, original Paperwhite, Fire HD 8
I hope the move goes well for you, Blas. Moving to a new country is scary, even when it's the same language. I moved to Canada from the US 15 years ago, and I still get surprised sometimes with things that aren't _quite_ the same. But in the long run, I only wish I'd made the move even sooner.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2019, 11:35 AM   #33171
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I hope the move goes well for you, Blas. Moving to a new country is scary, even when it's the same language. I moved to Canada from the US 15 years ago, and I still get surprised sometimes with things that aren't _quite_ the same. But in the long run, I only wish I'd made the move even sooner.

Good luck with it, Blas. I moved around the world a bit, as a younger woman and yes--it's scary to go to new countries, meet new acquaintances, make a new life, particularly if you struggle with anxiety disorders. But you will not regret it.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:37 PM   #33172
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo WiFi, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Acer 10'' Tablet
OMG. I hate these stupid questions that you get asked before a procedure at the Drs. I have been, with the exception of my dentist and my chiropractor, witin the same hospital system for 5 years. Their own electronic records, if they would look at that, could provide more complete anwers to their stupid, repetivie questions that I could or desire to. These questions make me feel like a) I'm completely diseased and enfeebled and b) they aren't paying attention to my records.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 10:48 AM   #33173
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I ordered something from ebay a couple weeks ago. Post Office tracking showed it was delivered but I never received (don't know if they left it in the wrong place or if it was stolen off my doorstep, which has never happened before and I've lived in the same place a long time).

I checked with the post office. They were unable to locate the package but said because the shipment was sent Priority Mail it included insurance but the shipper would have to file the claim. The shipper wouldn't do anything further and Ebay closed the case because tracking showed it was delivered.

This was only a small amount of money so not really a financial issue, but I'd think the seller would at least go through the motions of making the claim with the Post Office,
Old 09-13-2019, 07:43 PM   #33174
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@4691mls - if problem persists get a Post Office Box, I got one when some letters and parcels went astray 10-15 years ago. It's about a mile and half away, so I'm guaranteed a 3 mile (5km) walk every couple of days. If I get a parcel they put a card in the box and I go next door to collect it.

IMO PO Boxes should be free and recipients should have to pay for PO Home delivery

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-13-2019 at 07:50 PM. Reason: add TF hat
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:30 PM   #33175
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim, PRS350/650, PB Touch Lux 623, Paperwhite, Voyage, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@4691mls - if problem persists get a Post Office Box, I got one when some letters and parcels went astray 10-15 years ago. It's about a mile and half away, so I'm guaranteed a 3 mile (5km) walk every couple of days. If I get a parcel they put a card in the box and I go next door to collect it.

IMO PO Boxes should be free and recipients should have to pay for PO Home delivery

BR
I did the same thing when I was living in my last apartment. I was still buying a lot of used paperback books then, and at least 1 in 3 "disappeared".

Oddly enough, someone in another apartment in the building had a yard sale before moving out, and I saw a lot of paperback titles that looked familiar.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 08:32 PM   #33176
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim, PRS350/650, PB Touch Lux 623, Paperwhite, Voyage, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
In one week the judge is set to make his verdict in the Family Thing. However, I think there's a higher chance that there won't be a verdict. That the judge wants everyone to come to court again, or he wants more information or documents or it is postponed for another reason.

Needless to say things are getting tense at home.
No news? Or did I miss the post?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 12:23 AM   #33177
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 10th Gen Paperwhite, Oasis, Voyage, original Paperwhite, Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

BR
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I did the same thing when I was living in my last apartment. I was still buying a lot of used paperback books then, and at least 1 in 3 "disappeared".

Oddly enough, someone in another apartment in the building had a yard sale before moving out, and I saw a lot of paperback titles that looked familiar.
When we moved here, we didn't have a choice. We have a PO Box (free) and it gets a card for every package. And you're right, we haven't missed a one! And because this is a small town where everyone is known, they even call up to tell us we have a package if we haven't been in for a day or two. For most we don't even need to sign -- only for the cannabis.
CRussel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 12:57 AM   #33178
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
... they even call up to tell us we have a package if we haven't been in for a day or two.
AusPost send parcel tracking emails and sms messages. Most recently, over the space of 3 days I got four of each regarding a new $15 strap for my Fitbit - which seemed excessive to me. One would have done - 'Your OZStrap is here.'
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 02:37 AM   #33179
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
No news? Or did I miss the post?
I updated, but I think in the What are you doing NOW thread.

The judge postponed the case by six months, no reason given. Six months is very long, normally they delay by a couple of weeks (though with a previous case at this stage it got postponed by a couple of weeks for six months). Our lawyer suspects the case is postponed due to the backlog at courts, though it would be nice to know the reason.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 12:03 PM   #33180
4691mls
Wizard

What bugged me was that the seller wouldn't even attempt filing a claim with the post office, even though the Post Office told me s/he could since insurance was included and I told the seller this.

I have lived here over 10 years and never missed a package before so I don't know what went wrong. I have occasionally received things intended for a similar address across town so I suppose it's possible it happened in reverse and my package went to them. I'm not going to get a p.o. box unless this happens again. Though I won't order anything expensive.

Of course you don't always know ahead of time if a package will be sent by USPS or one of the other delivery services that don't use PO boxes.

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness