Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 12-17-2018, 02:58 PM   #1
Lparsons21
Zealot
Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 4
Ebook reader for both iOS and Android?

I’m looking for a cross platform ebook reader app that will sync both the book itself and reading position. EPUB or mobi format only is acceptable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Lparsons21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:13 PM   #2
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
HiLparsons21 , you can checkout BookFusion. More on the forum https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=205476
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2019, 04:12 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
why not Kindle?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:20 PM   #4
Lparsons21
Zealot
Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lparsons21 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
why not Kindle?

Kindle won’t sync books not purchased or bought from Amazon, same for Nook.

FBReader will though on Android it is a bit clunky.

Old 01-10-2019, 05:55 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lparsons21 View Post
Kindle won’t sync books not purchased or bought from Amazono
Unless added to your Kindle documents cloud. Google Play books will as well.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2019, 06:32 PM   #6
Lparsons21
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillachie View Post
HiLparsons21 , you can checkout BookFusion. More on the forum https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=205476
Thanks. Downloaded to iPad, Likebook Mars and Asus Zenpad Z8. Comments in your linked thread.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:06 PM   #7
Lparsons21
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Unless added to your Kindle documents cloud. Google Play books will as well.
Thanks, I didn’t know that. Will it also keep reading position synced?

I’ve been trying out quite a few tablets and apps over for awhile now and the one consistent thing I’ve noticed is that every reading app I’ve looked at that is cross platform works and looks much better on an iPad. I’m tending more to just going all iOS instead of this mix of tablets I have now. Getting free ebooks is simple on all of them, but saving them to a reader on iOS is dead simple as from the website when I choose a book and pick ePub as the format I’m prompted to stick it in Books/iBooks and then it is available and fully synced on all the iOS devices that have that app. No fiddling with arcane methods. And as a plus, Books is probably the best dreamer app I’ve seen.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:08 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lparsons21 View Post
Thanks, I didn’t know that. Will it also keep reading position synced?
Yes Kindle will sync across iOS, Android, FireOS and eInk Kindles (not PC or Mac). Google will sync to their iOS & Android apps and web reader (and perhaps ChromeOS).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:50 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Yes Kindle will sync across iOS, Android, FireOS and eInk Kindles (not PC or Mac). Google will sync to their iOS & Android apps and web reader (and perhaps ChromeOS).
It really is a nice feature, yes.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote