Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Non-English Discussions > Forum Français > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-11-2015, 04:30 PM   #1
johnc48
johnc48 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Unhappy epc for kindle

My wife has a collection of books in .epc format on her Nexus. I would llike to transfer some of them to my kindle. I have tried to use calibre for conversion, but it does not recognize the file extension.
Does anybody have a solution to this for me?
We obviously can't both read at the same time now, can we?
johnc48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:33 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
IIRC .epc is an XML based format used by one of those 100,000 Free eBooks apps (or whatever the number). Provided that app is providing public domain books (and maybe creative commons?) and not pirating stuff then you should be able to find most if not all of those books for free from the various public domain libraries out there such as Project Gutenberg, Manybooks, the library here on Mobile Read, etc. and not have to worry about converting.

EDIT: Here's the app I was thinking of.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bookslib&hl=en

EDIT 2: Some places found by Googling mention that the books can be opened as ePub's by changing the extension so you could try that with one of the books and see if that works.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 10-11-2015 at 08:36 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert