Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-16-2019, 03:39 PM   #1
pippo53
pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo ONE, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Mini
uninstall and reinstall calibre

I have to uninstall and reinstall calibre but I don't want to redo all the calibre configurations (custom columns). How can I do?
Grazie
pippo53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:49 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Uninstalling Calibre does not remove any configuration information - it just removes the binaries. I guess the question is what you are trying to achieve by uninstalling/reinstalling Calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 05:02 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
There are 2 family's of settings:
Per Library (like custom columns) that are part of the DB and what the prefs...Json file saves as a restore tool

And Per User, (AKA the configuration folder). Thes stor you plugins, overall settings that are not Per Library
Un-installing removes none of these.
You would need to destroy Metadata.db (which is the Library brains), to destroy custom columns. Not a good plan
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:25 AM   #4
pippo53
pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.pippo53 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Uninstalling Calibre does not remove any configuration information - it just removes the binaries. I guess the question is what you are trying to achieve by uninstalling/reinstalling Calibre.
Because after I deleted a partition from the Hard Disk the "app" folder results in "read only", which I can't change, and I can't use the "count page" app anymore
Old 06-17-2019, 05:30 AM   #5
pippo53

Thank you all
Old 06-17-2019, 05:36 AM   #6
pippo53

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
There are 2 family's of settings:
Per Library (like custom columns) that are part of the DB and what the prefs...Json file saves as a restore tool

And Per User, (AKA the configuration folder). Thes stor you plugins, overall settings that are not Per Library
Un-installing removes none of these.
You would need to destroy Metadata.db (which is the Library brains), to destroy custom columns. Not a good plan
Thanks
Old 06-17-2019, 05:43 AM   #7
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippo53 View Post
Because after I deleted a partition from the Hard Disk the "app" folder results in "read only", which I can't change, and I can't use the "count page" app anymore
so :- create a new, empty app folder in a writeable location. Read from i.e. copy the read only folder contents and paste into that, then point calibre at the new app folder location ( somewhere in preferences). no need to uninstall nda re-install teh whole thing.

NB many other programs need access to the standard app folder locations in Windows , so if you have locked the whole area you will have other programs to repair.
try a "take ownership" freeware utility on app folder. once you "own it" you should be able to grant yourself write access.
e.g.
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/easily-t...-winownership/

I use EC menu from here to give me a right click take ownership option
https://www.sordum.org/7615/easy-context-menu-v1-6/

Last edited by stumped; 06-17-2019 at 05:47 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:38 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippo53 View Post
Thanks
Count Pages is in the USERS config folder with all the rest of the installed PI, but it also makes use of your TEMP setting folder while running.
I would expect a lot more than Calibre PI to be giving you grief.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:23 AM   #9
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
puzzled as to why deleting a partition should cause ownership/read only problems.
when I experience those , its because I have moved a drive ( with content) to a different PC, so windows thinks the original owner is AWOL - I changed what I use for the user account name a while back, so drives moved from old PCs have a "different" admin user/owner.
the freeware utilites will fix that
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:08 AM   #10
pippo53

Thank you all