Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-22-2019, 06:41 PM   #526
Mattee
Mattee began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab A
Hard Wire Transfer

It would be nice to connect my tablet to my laptop VIA cable and transfer data when WiFi (Often) is not available. Thanks !
Mattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 03:57 AM   #527
1024mb
1024mb began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can you add support for Backblaze? Atleast the B2 service (I saw other apps adding support for it so I think it is possible). Thanks.
1024mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:58 AM   #528
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1024mb View Post
Can you add support for Backblaze? Atleast the B2 service (I saw other apps adding support for it so I think it is possible). Thanks.
As far as I can tell Backblaze does not provide an OAUTH2 API, in which case CC cannot support it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:15 PM   #529
cbook7
cbook7 began at the beginning.

Device: Various
Originally Posted by SASSBS, Hi Chaley
I don't know if this is possible but I would love to be able to edit a custom column I have that tracks how often I have read a book, at the moment all I can do is modify the date read column but I would like to increment the number of times read column as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Adding general editing of columns in CC is much more work that I am interested in doing.

One workaround is to use something like Google Keep (checkbox) notes as a memory aide. On the device, write into the note what you want to change when you get back to calibre. Once on the machine running calibre, open the note in the browser and make the edits stored in the note. Using checkboxes lets you keep track of what has been done, something important if more than one person is making notes.

First-off, many thanks Charles for a great app. It's really top drawer!

One thing I'd like to see is very similar (possibly same) as what SASSBS suggested above. I use a custom 'Times Read' column (Integers type) in Calibre.

I envisaged an 'Increment Integer Count' checkbox option within CC's 'Marking Books Read' menu option. If checked, the 'Sync Column for Read' option show a list of Calibre integer fields (rather than yes/no types). Chosen field is then incremented when book is 'read'.

Don't know if this was what you already had in mind when you said "Adding general editing of columns in CC is much more work that I am interested in doing"?

If so, not to worry then. On the flip-side, if it is doable then

Best,

Carl
cbook7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 06:52 AM   #530
schoenbi
schoenbi began at the beginning.

Enhance CC Cloud Connection to allow opening original book in Calibre Library instead

Not sure if the list is still monitored ( I also added the request in the Trello board):

I am using Calibre on my notebook and sync the entire library through DS Cloud on my Synology NAS and with my mobile devices (an Android smartphone and a pad). So I always have all books stored in the cloud of the NAS any synced with all my devices.

CC shall recognize that the library is locally present and open the book from there without the need to download it or offer an UI method to access the book without downloading it. The latter probably would be easier to implement since CC knows where to download the book from and if it isn't available could fail gracefully.

Reference: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3884091
schoenbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 04:39 AM   #531
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
CC screen in revesed Landscape

Since reader protection lids are left attached, a turn that they are on top would make sense - the screen would then be reversed landscape
Is there a way to represent it?
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:33 PM   #532
Rei97
Rei97 began at the beginning.

Device: Android mobile
Feature request

Please add an option to add tags to books other than read or unread. Please add an option to add your own tags that can be then synced back to Calebre. And if possible please add an ability to add notes to the book and possibly add ability to rate books after reading.
Rei97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 12:26 PM   #533
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei97 View Post
Please add an option to add tags to books other than read or unread. Please add an option to add your own tags that can be then synced back to Calebre. And if possible please add an ability to add notes to the book and possibly add ability to rate books after reading.
Excuse me , but who are you asking to do this?

the app development team QUIT or were FIRED months ago. There are no workers to carry out your " please add... " requests. The current owner [i.e. the guy who gets most of the money when you buy the app ] can't actually code, himself.

the state of the app - ABANDONED- should be obvious from a quick look at top threads.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 07:10 AM   #534
Rei97
Rei97 began at the beginning.

Device: Android mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Excuse me , but who are you asking to do this?

the app development team QUIT or were FIRED months ago. There are no workers to carry out your " please add... " requests. The current owner [i.e. the guy who gets most of the money when you buy the app ] can't actually code, himself.

the state of the app - ABANDONED- should be obvious from a quick look at top threads.
First of all If it really was clear as you say I wouldn't have asked,secondly regardless of whether it is clear or not, your attitude is really uncalled for
Rei97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 09:26 AM   #535
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei97 View Post
First of all If it really was clear as you say I wouldn't have asked,
I would not be so sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcohen View Post
Were still around. If I can get a clear list of the main issues right now I can hire someone to fix the bugs. Will someone message me that?
He has no one working for him in this regard
Quote:
secondly regardless of whether it is clear or not, your attitude is really uncalled for
Please explain!
CC is dead!
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 09:47 AM   #536
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I would not be so sureHe has no one working for him in this regardPlease explain!
CC is dead!
It's still usable even if not without issues.
Btw, could somebody list alternatives for android which(at least) use Calibre' Wireless Device API and sync last-read date and read/notread state?
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 06:32 PM   #537
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
It's still usable even if not without issues.
Btw, could somebody list alternatives for android which(at least) use Calibre' Wireless Device API and sync last-read date and read/notread state?
I'm afraid there're no alternatives. Please prove me wrong
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 09:27 AM   #538
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

the guys mostly likely to add requested features are calibre Sync
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ibresync&hl=en

their app is still actively developing and already they added some calibre specific stuff since I bought it.
i use it instead of CC - it has all the features I need.
Old 05-11-2021, 01:07 PM   #539
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
the guys mostly likely to add requested features are calibre Sync
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ibresync&hl=en

their app is still actively developing and already they added some calibre specific stuff since I bought it.
i use it instead of CC - it has all the features I need.
Checking.
So far:
- no 'back' sync (it's strictly one-way).
- calibre content server sync is very slow.
- one drive sync just doesn't work
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 01:58 PM   #540
stumped
Wizard

like i said "it has all the features I need" - & I don't use one drive or need back sync.
but the real message is. there's an android app developer who responds to messages so ask whats on his to-do list and toss a coin to.. by buying the app if you want to encourage more development.

when first launched, that app only did cloud, not calibre CS. that got added due to feedback & customer requests.