Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 06-06-2019, 04:56 AM   #1
cloclo36
cloclo36 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Automatic page break

I have posted this question in Receipes with no answer .I suppose I dind't chose the right category , hence this new post

Hello,

I recently loaded (I believe in OCR) a book on Gallica (Correspondence of Napoleon year 1809)

pages are separated by double lines but appear continuously - so there is no automatic page break after double lines

Is there any way to fix this on Caliber? Is there an extension to load?

Thank you for your attention and help

Clocloge
cloclo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:48 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Learn some HTML / CSS. This is real easy to fix in the stylesheet for the style assigned to those double lines. (Note those could be real double lines or the could be 2 single lines in a row. The treatment becomes different (and a bit trickier to avoid blank pages) for the second)

it could be as simple as (retains line)

The CSS for the line just needs one line
Code:
page-break-(before/after): always;
added to the existing styling

If you want to just SPLIT up the page (and files, which many devices treat as a new screen), the Editor has a (semi)Auto Split tool (right-click in the code, Split Multiple. IMHO this is not a pure novice tool as you do need to create a bullet proof template to detect where to ONLY do this action using solely the existing code. Simpler is to first insert a SIMPLE user made up 'marker' at the split points: eg <split-here> (yes, that is mine), them the split tool template is easy
You can also single spilt in the Preview pane. Click the icon with a page with a line across it, the move the mouse (there will be a green line) to where: Hit 'Enter". Spin-repeat
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:43 AM   #3
cloclo36
cloclo36 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Hello and thanks for your answer,

But I am really a idiot in programmation
So my question is : where must I insert this code ? what line in what program ?
In addition ; I am Belgian, french speaking , therefore the difficulties
Thank you for your attention
cloclo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:43 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloclo36 View Post
Hello and thanks for your answer,

But I am really a idiot in programmation
So my question is : where must I insert this code ? what line in what program ?
In addition ; I am Belgian, french speaking , therefore the difficulties
Thank you for your attention
You need to find an read the read the line of HTML that has the line you see
to know what style might need editing. There is not one single way to do a line, therefore, no single answer;
Examples of code that draws lines
Code:
<hr class="half" />  and (the css) .half {width: 50%;}
<p class="break" >---------------</p>  The CSS controlling is .break
<p class="indented" >---------------</p>   <<<< THIS is a problem, because .indented  affects ALL lines with the sme class.  
You need to giv this its own class if you use the CSS (page-break-before: always;
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote