Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Non-English Discussions > Forum Français > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-15-2016, 11:31 PM   #1
renwar
renwar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question book transfer

Hello everyone, I have a problem that I hope someone can fix. I am new to ebooks and kindle in particular, and not particularly computer savvy.

My problem is I have an iMac computer and I also have books on a remote hard drive, I am trying to copy some of the books from the hard drive to my kindle, but it doesn't seem to work.
renwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 11:51 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
What steps are you doing that aren't working?

Are the books in a Kindle compatible format?

You can either copy the books to the directory on the Kindle called 'Documents' or use Calibre to store and transfer the books. Calibre can also convert them to compatible formats if needed in most cases.

EDIT: I just noticed this was posted in the French forum, but since the post was in English I assume a reply in English is okay.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:26 AM   #3
renwar

the books are in a epub format on an external hard drive.
tried to transfer from H/D to computer then to kindle, works with mobi but not with epub thought maybe Amazon was blocking.
Old 03-16-2016, 01:28 AM   #4
renwar

Normally I just drag and drop to documents
Old 03-16-2016, 10:15 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Kindle's don't read ePub's, at least not without rooting and running other software.

Provided the ePub's don't have DRM on them Calibre will easily and quickly convert them to Mobi/AZW or AZW3 which the Kindle will read.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:54 AM   #6
renwar

OK thank you for the reply. I have found another file conversion from epub to mobi, but now apple are saying that it not compatible and I have to use an apple app.??