Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Portable Audio/Video

Notices

Old 09-29-2007, 08:38 PM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
iPod Nano 3G Problem!

Hi everybody,

I've got a strange issue here...I just bought an iPod nano 3G with 8GB and like it (apart from the display which is not quite straigt...thinking about taking it back because of that and getting a replacement).

Now, I always wanted to learn italian, and to help me along I bought a Program called "iPod Translator".
The trouble is, that it does not seem to want to work with my Nano. I can see all the words in the list, but if I click on them, then I don't get the spoken sound-sample I should be getting.
It shows the little line underneath every word and also a little "Play" symbol behind the words, but selecting them and clicking like the manual says just does not seem to work...

Any ideas? It's the weekend so I won't be getting any official help now...^^
Old 09-29-2007, 09:36 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
It's the newest one, right? I have heard that Apple changed the software.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:49 AM   #3
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Yep, but there have been no other complaints so far...at least I have not been able to find any.
The Company that produces the software also does not have any warnings on their website. They offer the program for all iPods with display.

I've contacted their Customer Support and hope they will be able to help me. I just hope they don't have the standard approach to customer service...just sending some auto-reply email that asks you to reinstall or something...because I already did all that...
Old 10-06-2007, 12:36 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Mine is still a 1G and does it's job pretty well (when I am running or in the Gym). Yours, Roland, looks like a nice upgrade though
Old 10-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #5
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

yep...it's a nice little toy.
The company that makes this "iPod Translator" told me they had not tested the 3G yet and would be doing so and telling me what they find...so far I have not heard anything so I guess I'll give them a ring next week and ask what's going on.