Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
atleon
Enthusiast
atleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitatleon with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
[UPDATE] Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.5

Hi friends. It seems that there is a new update for Kindle Paperwhite. Let's see what happens with jailbreak, JBPatch, etc. Hope it won't bring too much work to Ixtab and company .

Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.5 Update

Quote:
Enhancements:

View full definition when looking up a word
When you look up a word in the dictionary, you can now view the full definition in the definition window.

Search enhancements
You can easily search for a highlighted word or phrase in your book, your items, or in the Kindle Store. Highlight the word or phrase, select More, and then select Search.
Regards.

Last edited by atleon; 04-24-2013 at 06:16 AM.
atleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by atleon View Post
Hi friends. It seems that there is a new update for Kindle Paperwhite. Let's see what happens with jailbreak, JBPatch, etc. Hope it won't bring too much work to Ixtab and company .

Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.5 Update

Regards.
Duh...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=726

Nothing like showing up late for the party.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #3
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
Now just to see if screensaver hack will still work. I actually would love this update!!
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
Success! I had to re-install the screensaver hack after installing 5.3.5 but now everything is back to normal.
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
ricocarlos
ricocarlos began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE
I also had to reinstall the ScreenSaver hack and the KUAL deal as well, but it is all working fine now.
ricocarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2013, 02:15 AM   #6
arthurdapaz
arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.arthurdapaz is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Unhappy Help the nextone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrowlight View Post
Success! I had to re-install the screensaver hack after installing 5.3.5 but now everything is back to normal.
Hi! I have a Kindle PW 5.3.5 successfully jailbroken by 'ixtab's method...

Now, what are the steps to hack the screensaver and custom it?

Can you please give me some hand here?
arthurdapaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurdapaz View Post
Hi! I have a Kindle PW 5.3.5 successfully jailbroken by 'ixtab's method...

Now, what are the steps to hack the screensaver and custom it?

Can you please give me some hand here?
Uhhh...read the install instructions in the Touch and Paperwhite Screensaver Hack thread? Here.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #8
MonJovi
MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.MonJovi is faster than slow light.

Device: Paperwhite V1
I'm having a problem with Collections Manager after I updated to FW 5.3.5.
All I have now when running CM is a blank screen (freezes at startup screen)
I've re-installed all the pre-requisites + the azw2 file already.
Anybody having the same issue?
MonJovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonJovi View Post
I'm having a problem with Collections Manager after I updated to FW 5.3.5.
All I have now when running CM is a blank screen (freezes at startup screen)
I've re-installed all the pre-requisites + the azw2 file already.
Anybody having the same issue?
Please don't cross-post. The answer has been given in the CM thread: CM does not support FW 5.3.5 for now.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:38 AM   #10
AKmarcus
AKmarcus began at the beginning.

Device: kindlepaperwhite
Unhappy

I'm having a problem with re-break,it was found Installing rescue pack (diags) FAILED View txt document shows Failed to backup original diags password
AKmarcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #11
feelmaroon
Connoisseur
feelmaroon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 4, PW2, Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Aura One
looks like my paperwhite did autoupdate to 5.3.5 and i lost my screensavers (back to these dump pencil tips. haha). do i redo the same screensaver hack or is there a new one that i need to use? thanks for any help.
feelmaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #12
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelmaroon View Post
looks like my paperwhite did autoupdate to 5.3.5 and i lost my screensavers (back to these dump pencil tips. haha). do i redo the same screensaver hack or is there a new one that i need to use? thanks for any help.
What measure(s) had you taken to prevent the auto update?

That could be important information to the developers involved with blocking big brother.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #13
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
What measure(s) had you taken to prevent the auto update?
Most probably: none.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:10 PM   #14
feelmaroon
Connoisseur
feelmaroon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 4, PW2, Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Aura One
none, sadly.
feelmaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #15
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelmaroon View Post
none, sadly.
Well, then I guess we don't have to (yet) improve the ones which we offer.

Notes on "upgrading" to an earlier Kpw firmware:
Going by file sizes, 5.3.0, 5.3.1 and 5.3.3 are complete images.

The 5.3.3 and the jailbreak app do not like each other, but the update from 5.3.3 to 5.3.4 is a small incremental one.

You can find a link to an off-site archive of the Amazon images in the first post of the Paperwhite jailbreak thread.

So if you have problems finding add-ins compatible with 5.3.5 - you can just use the Amazon original "upgrade" files to go back to a version of your choice.

P.S: Leave in "airplane mode" until you install some of our "block big brother" things.