Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-07-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
danwdoo
Groupie
danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danwdoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Convert Mobi to Lit

Hello,
I purchased the Tolkien books on the first day Fictionwise offered them. At that time they only offered them in the mobi format and not Lit which I would have much preferred. Unfortunately, I can only re-download them in mobi format. I've since "freed" them and would like to convert them to lit. I found the following ticket on Calibre that seems to suggest it can convert mobi files to lit but I have no idea how to do it:

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/ticket/1933

In the Output box, I only have 3 options: epub, lrf, and mobi. Can Calibre convert this to lit? If so, how?

I also noticed the "example" book in the ticket can be downloaded. Is this a freely available book? I'd like the book but do not want to keep it if it isn't legitimately available for free =).

Thanks!
Danny
danwdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The LIT creation is command line only. Fortunately you do not need to type; you can drag and drop the files.

Convert the ebooks to Epub. (This should provide the best quality conversion.) Then use the "save to disk" feature, and save the epubs to your desktop. Then open a window and navigate to the calibre folder. Drag just the epub files over the "any2lit" icon. This should start the conversion. The files should be wherever MSReader puts LIT files (probably in your My Documents folder).
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2009, 10:10 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The LIT creation is command line only. Fortunately you do not need to type; you can drag and drop the files.

Convert the ebooks to Epub. (This should provide the best quality conversion.) Then use the "save to disk" feature, and save the epubs to your desktop. Then open a window and navigate to the calibre folder. Drag just the epub files over the "any2lit" icon. This should start the conversion. The files should be wherever MSReader puts LIT files (probably in your My Documents folder).
That is nuts to go from Mobipocket to ePub to MS Reader.

The best solution is to open a command line prompt and use any2lit to convert the Mobipocket files to MS Reader. But the one thing you will have to deal with is that the graphics in the Mobipocket files are of a lower resolution then the ones that come with the MS Reader and ePub versions.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote