Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 08-05-2017, 03:38 PM   #121
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
I have tried setting this up with the updog option.

I can access everything using the index.html file, but for opds using the index.xml, I get the first level view (all books, authors etc) but any of those links just produces a 404 error.

Any ideas?
If the HTML library works then you should be able to get the xml version working as the HTML is generated from the XML. Exactly what url are you using for the XML version (you can ofusticate the web site name) and the url for the HTML access?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 04:24 PM   #122
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Both html and xml are in <website>.updog.co/_catalog/. I can access both html and xml, but the xml simply shows me categories with a book count for each but seeking to go beyond that just gives a 404 error on index.xml.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 05:36 PM   #123
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not sure what the problem is then. I am going to have to do some experimentation to see if I can reproduce the issue.

If you are prepared to PM the exact details of the URL I can try against your library if you want?
Old 08-06-2017, 03:01 AM   #124
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
This is beyond my capabilities - I have been able to get full access using a dedicated opds browser I have downloaded, but I usually use the opds function in Alreader and Coolreader but these seem to stumble on the index construction (Alreader fails beyond the first level, and Coolreader at the second level - 404 error). However, since opds does work with dedicated browser I can't blame Calibre2opds.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 10:42 AM   #125
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
This is beyond my capabilities - I have been able to get full access using a dedicated opds browser I have downloaded, but I usually use the opds function in Alreader and Coolreader but these seem to stumble on the index construction (Alreader fails beyond the first level, and Coolreader at the second level - 404 error). However, since opds does work with dedicated browser I can't blame Calibre2opds.
I have responded via PM, but it looks as if the problem is with the particular apps. I am happy to work with their authors to try and resolve what might be causing the issue you are experiencing.
Old 08-06-2017, 02:39 PM   #126
kikixx
kikixx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Series file naming

Hello! Just recently set up calibre2opds with a bit of teething trouble but it's all cooking now, thanks. My set up I was hoping for was to serve this from my android phone which has a hotspot the Kindle connects to so I could use it for on the fly transferral of books to the Kindle via experimental browser.

It all works perfectly so far, my only question which I can't find in the documentation, is if it's possible to have series naming included in the file title with calibre2opds. With calibre it autorenames the files when I transfer to device, I was wondering if calibre2opds had the same option?

Many thanks!
kikixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:06 PM   #127
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikixx View Post
It all works perfectly so far, my only question which I can't find in the documentation, is if it's possible to have series naming included in the file title with calibre2opds. With calibre it autorenames the files when I transfer to device, I was wondering if calibre2opds had the same option
I am afraid not - it simply uses whatever is stored in the Calibre database as the title.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:42 AM   #128
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hi,
I tried calibre2opds for the first time and ran into trouble immediately. When I launch the GUI, some of the text is hidden. I added a screenshot, as it's rather hard to describe. Minimizing/maximizing/resizing the window has no effect whatsoever. This happens on my Surface Pro 3, Windows 10 64bit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snip.PNG
Views:	677
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	158297
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:32 AM   #129
itimpi
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Hi,
I tried calibre2opds for the first time and ran into trouble immediately. When I launch the GUI, some of the text is hidden. I added a screenshot, as it's rather hard to describe. Minimizing/maximizing/resizing the window has no effect whatsoever. This happens on my Surface Pro 3, Windows 10 64bit.

Attachment 158297
No idea what causes that.

The screen layout is meant to be handled automatically by the Java layout engine. I do not have access to a Surface Pro to try and debug what is happening so cannot give any advice on how to resolve this issue. I run Windows 10 64-bit on my own machines without that problem so it is something specific to the Surface Pro.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:33 AM   #130
birmane36
birmane36 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Thank you very much for your help.

Now it's ok

;-))
birmane36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:18 PM   #131
SimpleText
SimpleText began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
I keep getting this error pop up over and over again while generating my catalog. "An error occurred while loading the image file..." and then the filename of this file.

I browsed to it and opened it and it came up just fine from Explorer.

Any ideas why Calibre2OPDS doesn't like it?
Increase the Java VM heap space.

Edit Calibre2Opds->Contents->info.plist and set the -Xms and -Xmx (at the bottom of the file) to: <string>-Xms1024m -Xmx4096m</string>
SimpleText is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:42 PM   #132
jrv222
jrv222 began at the beginning.

Device: kidle
Hola, he publicado mi biblioteca de calibre con calibre2opds y dropbox+ updog me sale todo bien pero no me deja descargar ningún libro, en cambio desde el archivo index.html si funciona todo bien, me podrian ayudar gracias

Last edited by jrv222; 04-05-2018 at 05:59 PM.
jrv222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 01:44 PM   #133
cliver
Connoisseur
cliver will become famous soon enoughcliver will become famous soon enoughcliver will become famous soon enoughcliver will become famous soon enoughcliver will become famous soon enoughcliver will become famous soon enoughcliver will become famous soon enough

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Question New User Question

Hi all, Just started using calibre2opds in publish mode to put my books online for easy access for the family and I. It works fine but I have a couple of questions.
1. Is there an easy way to add a few books to the library? The only way I can see at the moment is to rebuild the entire thing from scratch which is quite time consuming.
2. I'm currently working on a complete 2nd copy of the calibre library (just to be sure the library doesn't get screwed ). I notice that if I use "copy books to disc" in calibre and manually add the db file to create the copy that calibre2opds throws masses of errors and fails to create a library. If I use explorer to copy the files over then it works fine. What is the difference?
Thanks for any input.
cliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:34 PM   #134
itimpi
Wizard

1). No - there is no easy way to add just a few books - you always need to generate the complete catalog. There is an optimisation option, however, that you should use so that Calibre2opds only updates the catalog files that have changed. This makes a big difference if syncing to a remote server. Make sure, therefore, that you have not selected the option to disable the runtime optimiser on the Main tab.

2). Not quite sure what you are doing here? My guess is that you exported the books from the Calibre library. This would cause errors as Calibre2opds relies on the files being stored in the exact relative paths specified in the Calibre metadata database and exporting the files changes their names and thus breaks this relationship. A copy of the library created in such a manner is bot a valid Calibre library. When you copy using Explorer then the filenames are preserved. However copying every file is rather slow so you may want to use a tool such as FreeFileSync or SyncToy that only copies changed files as that is much faster. I personally use FreeFileSync when copying to my backup libraries.

Last edited by itimpi; 05-01-2018 at 08:00 AM.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:28 AM   #135
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs300, kindle keyboard 3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliver View Post
Hi all, Just started using calibre2opds in publish mode to put my books online for easy access for the family and I. It works fine but I have a couple of questions.
1. Is there an easy way to add a few books to the library? The only way I can see at the moment is to rebuild the entire thing from scratch which is quite time consuming.
2. I'm currently working on a complete 2nd copy of the calibre library (just to be sure the library doesn't get screwed ). I notice that if I use "copy books to disc" in calibre and manually add the db file to create the copy that calibre2opds throws masses of errors and fails to create a library. If I use explorer to copy the files over then it works fine. What is the difference?
Thanks for any input.
Also, i use goodsync which after the first long sync only uploads changes, so if you add a book only a book and the related html files get uploaded.
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote