Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 05-12-2016, 11:08 PM   #1
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Change "Remove ImageMagick" Breaks Generate Cover Plugin

Kovid,

FYI, the recent change "Remove ImageMagick" (11f239c6e507bdec9c6b56b3c97736ac899a0e79) removes several parts that the Generate Cover plugin depends on:

Code:
from calibre.utils.magick.draw import (TextLine, create_canvas, create_text_wand,
                                       _get_line, annotate_img, fit_image)
Presumably it's at least possible to redo GC to use something else, but I have no idea how hard it would be to do. (Nor a huge interest in doing it if it is difficult.)
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:26 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
davidfor is already working on fixing that plugin: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=274030
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:34 PM   #3
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Whoops! Sorry about that, everyone.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:41 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
davidfor is already working on fixing that plugin: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=274030
The important thing in that other thread is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Unfortuntely, Generate Cover uses ImageMagick, so it won't load. I don't really use it, but will have a look at it over the weekend if no one else does.
If someone else wants to do it, I would graciously step aside.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:48 PM   #5
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

The important thing in that post is:

Quote:
If someone else wants to do it, I would graciously step aside.
I'm perfectly happy that somebody else is already looking at it, because I didn't want to.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:00 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
When I was writing my post, I had an old joke in in mind:

The captain is standing in front of a line of soldiers asking for a volunteer. Then, all except for one of the soldiers take a step back.

I think that describes what is happening
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:07 AM   #7
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
When I was writing my post, I had an old joke in in mind:

The captain is standing in front of a line of soldiers asking for a volunteer. Then, all except for one of the soldiers take a step back.

I think that describes what is happening
I was thinking about the two gophers from the old Warner Bros cartoons.