snake 0 0%
frog 1 0.89%
little dragon-like animal that looks like a bat (but bigger!) 2 1.79%
German hedgehog 2 1.79%
Portuguese llama 2 1.79%
others (which one? Please explain) 14 12.50%
No, I don´t have a pet, but I want one 7 6.25%
No, I don´t have a pet and I don´t want one 5 4.46%
Yes, I have a pet, but I don´t want one (please explain very detailled how this could happen!) 1 0.89%
kids 13 11.61%
ferret 1 0.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2009, 07:47 PM   #61
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
what you mean "we" buster ? i'm a vegetarian.
Oh well. You told me already in another thread.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #62
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
surprisingly, no-one seems to have a crocodile / alligator.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #63
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
surprisingly, no-one seems to have a crocodile / alligator.
The bath isn't big enough, and the local planning regs won't let me turn the back garden (or the front one, for that matter) into a crocodile/alligator pit/swamp/marsh/other-suitably-wet-ground...

I have one yeti who I married, and one invisible Portugese llama. I did have two cats, and would like some more, but not just yet... we do however seem to have at least one, possibly more, invisible and/or incorporeal cats.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:22 PM   #64
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
The bath isn't big enough, and the local planning regs won't let me turn the back garden (or the front one, for that matter) into a crocodile/alligator pit/swamp/marsh/other-suitably-wet-ground...

I have one yeti who I married, and one invisible Portugese llama. I did have two cats, and would like some more, but not just yet... we do however seem to have at least one, possibly more, invisible and/or incorporeal cats.
Down in the Everglades of Florida, there are people who wrestle alligators! I guess you could consider that a sort of pet!

You know, Am, you've given me the perfect pet for Ryleigh! An invisible llama!! It can be tall, so it will match my husband (of course it will have to be big and male, too to match my OCD requirements) and I don't have to feed it, walk it, or pooper scoop behind it!! Yeah...I like it, I like it!! THANKS.

Please explain about the invisible/incorporeal cats. It sounds like a very interesting story.

Kaz
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:32 PM   #65
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
My favorite type of pet is one that can be dipped in chocolate.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2009, 08:33 PM   #66
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Down in the Everglades of Florida, there are people who wrestle alligators! I guess you could consider that a sort of pet!

You know, Am, you've given me the perfect pet for Ryleigh! An invisible llama!! It can be tall, so it will match my husband (of course it will have to be big and male, too to match my OCD requirements) and I don't have to feed it, walk it, or pooper scoop behind it!! Yeah...I like it, I like it!! THANKS.

Please explain about the invisible/incorporeal cats. It sounds like a very interesting story.

Kaz
And, of course, whilst many children have invisible friends, I don't think I know of any with invisible llamas - which must surely appeal!

The invisible/incorporeal cats are probably two categories (pun intended - sorry!) The invisible one(s?) we've both felt rubbing around us and heard batting at the bells hanging over the stairs (which fail to make even the slightest noise unless actually batted by paw or hand - even a strong through wind doesn't disturb them!). The incorporeal ones... well, the first one I encountered was as a child,which used to walk through the wall between us and our neighbour, jump onto my bed and curl up, then vanish - thoroughly upsetting the real cat we had at the time... there's apparently one with us when we visit my parents, although only my mum's seen (and nearly tripped over) that one... and we occasionally see a small b&w cat wandering around the house then vanish, which bears no resemblance to any cat either of us have had, or any that have been in the neighbourhood.

And now I've revealed myself to be a little, ummm, crazy, I'll back off slowly so you don't have to
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #67
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
I'll trade you a kid for a cat!! Wait...did I say kid, I meant a dog ...really, I meant a dog!! Heh, heh,... oh no, I can see that mean lady from child services knocking on the door!!
Kaz
Does the kid mow lawns and do light pool maintenance?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #68
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
And, of course, whilst many children have invisible friends, I don't think I know of any with invisible llamas - which must surely appeal!

The invisible/incorporeal cats are probably two categories (pun intended - sorry!) The invisible one(s?) we've both felt rubbing around us and heard batting at the bells hanging over the stairs (which fail to make even the slightest noise unless actually batted by paw or hand - even a strong through wind doesn't disturb them!). The incorporeal ones... well, the first one I encountered was as a child,which used to walk through the wall between us and our neighbour, jump onto my bed and curl up, then vanish - thoroughly upsetting the real cat we had at the time... there's apparently one with us when we visit my parents, although only my mum's seen (and nearly tripped over) that one... and we occasionally see a small b&w cat wandering around the house then vanish, which bears no resemblance to any cat either of us have had, or any that have been in the neighbourhood.

And now I've revealed myself to be a little, ummm, crazy, I'll back off slowly so you don't have to
You have totally freak my older daughter and I OUT! And no I don't think you're crazy. There are way too many things that cannot be explained in this world to call that crazy. I've seen some strange things moving under the clothes in my son's room. Now way am I looking and he says it's nothing to worry about, but we can't explain it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Does the kid mow lawns and do light pool maintenance?
Speaking of that son, if I could get him to do that, I wouldn't offer to trade him!!

Kaz

Last edited by kazbates; 04-17-2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: changed would to wouldn't
Old 04-17-2009, 08:54 PM   #69
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Well I was just asking because I've got this nip addicted cat...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:19 PM   #70
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Well I was just asking because I've got this nip addicted cat...
Oh what a difference a few letters and an apostrophe make! I edited my last post to say I wouldn't trade him if he would do yard work. Unfortunately, he's really good at excuses, "I have homework", "my seven broken ribs from the car accident 2 years ago still hurt", etc., etc., etc., so it is extremely difficult to get him to do any outside chores.

Would you trade the cat for a sheltie that howls along with Avril Lavigne's song "Keep Holding On"?

Kaz
Old 04-18-2009, 02:03 AM   #71
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Well: 3 cats
1 husband
2 grown Daughters
2 Son-in-laws
1 Ex Son-in-Law
6 grandkids
1 grandkid-in-law
2 Sony Readers (Cats in disguise) thant makes 5 cats total
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 05:00 AM   #72
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
I have a one year old male Golden Retriever who thinks he is a goat (eats any & everything)

A rescue male English Setter (badly mistreated, Spaniards still have a lot to learn )

And one tiny rescue Munchkin neutered white cat who is deaf.

Guess who is boss? that's right! - the tiny deaf cat
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 06:54 AM   #73
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Kaz
there are many advantages to having invisible pets. i personally am considering getting myself an invisible hedgehog and an invisible sugar-glider. if it's invisible, it won't have to worry about the cats, you see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
I have a one year old male Golden Retriever who thinks he is a goat (eats any & everything)

A rescue male English Setter (badly mistreated, Spaniards still have a lot to learn )

And one tiny rescue Munchkin neutered white cat who is deaf.

Guess who is boss? that's right! - the tiny deaf cat
well of COURSE the tiny deaf cat is boss ! what else would you expect ?
Old 04-18-2009, 06:58 AM   #74
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
well of COURSE the tiny deaf cat is boss ! what else would you expect ?
Um, the Spanish Inquisition?
Given where Columbus is posting from.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:01 AM   #75
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Um, the Spanish Inquisition?
Given where Columbus is posting from.
pff ! NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition ! (silly man !)