snake 0 0%
frog 1 0.89%
little dragon-like animal that looks like a bat (but bigger!) 2 1.79%
German hedgehog 2 1.79%
Portuguese llama 2 1.79%
others (which one? Please explain) 14 12.50%
No, I don´t have a pet, but I want one 7 6.25%
No, I don´t have a pet and I don´t want one 5 4.46%
Yes, I have a pet, but I don´t want one (please explain very detailled how this could happen!) 1 0.89%
kids 13 11.61%
ferret 1 0.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #226
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Peeves is a ghost at Harry Potter's school.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:32 PM   #227
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
can your monkey do the bird?

// old stand-up comic catch phrase //
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2009, 02:03 AM   #228
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
can your monkey do the bird?
Did you know?

Bird is the word...
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:07 AM   #229
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieOPah View Post
Did you know?

Bird is the word...
I thought Grease was
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:29 AM   #230
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I thought Grease was
Hmmm, haven't you heard? I thought everybody had heard about the bird...
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2009, 09:18 PM   #231
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
When you live in a barn, you've gotta' have cats to catch those little rodents! We've got two inside cats and have had anywhere from 1-30 outside cats/kittens. (If you feed them, they will come!!) We used to have two dogs (akitas) but they are no longer with us anymore. They were our children before we had a real child, The dog we have now is as good of a mouser as any cat. And since we've gotten her, our outside cat population has plummeted.

All of them are rescues. I love the fact that they all get along so well together!

P.S. Since we're living in the barn, there is no room for horses.
I finally got some pics made into an album. I tried to attach a couple, but I can't tell if I was successful. If not, they're in my album.

Last edited by rebarnmom; 05-25-2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Sorry! Don't know what I did wrong.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:39 PM   #232
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Thanks to Rebarnmom's last post, I discovered this thread, and I HAVE to answer some of my dad's posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
You beat me to it. Two kids...adult kids... kinda...
As adult as you!

[QUOTE=yvanleterrible;433056] And I do not agree to keeping an animal against it's will. That's why I let the kids go. Kidding!

Now come on! You didn't let us go, you pushed us out - anyway, you made us run away from you...

Quote:
My house's basement is about one meter and a half high and I often store machinery there. When my kids were small, I didn't want them to play there because it was dangerous. And because it was off limits, as all kids in that situation, they were drawn to it anyway. That basement being hard packed earth is paradise for insects. Say insects, say spiders. In the entrance there was a HUGE spider(for this climate) an inch across. I typically am respectful of life of any form, so I kept it there unharmed.
One day as I was getting in the basement to fetch part of a machine, my son, then 6, who was shadowing me came face to the spider. He froze in terror and said in a weak voice:
"Papa!"
I turned to see him locked in his footstep, facing THE spider.
*Flash*(Gotcha)
I quickly yelled:"Careful...That is the boss of my guardian spiders!"
The first named that popped up was:
"She's Victoria and she's mean. Be careful!"

It took years before he got in there again.
Victoria also scared the crap out of me, I will never forget her, I still talk and think about her, she's engraved into my brain. I somewhat think she is still alive somewhere, looking for me, just to take a bite out of my leg...
I know you did it for our good (I still remember playing around with a saw...) but you SCARRED ME FOREVER!!!!! I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!!!!

Quote:
Oh, I love that Thing!
I do an imitation of an elephant with my hand that I started to calm kids down and I have gotten to a point where it even amazes adults. It's easy, the middle finger is the trunk and the others are the legs. You just walk the hand on a cluttered table and sniff around all objects.
Another thing I'll never forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Given how much we talk about Adrian, I decided it was time to create a page in the MobileRead Wiki for him:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Adrian
You got me too! That thing is a monster! Victoria's lover, maybe?
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote