Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-14-2014, 11:35 PM   #1
Cosimo
Groupie
Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Kobo Desktop Content Locked?

This is a new one for me. I rarely use the desktop app but wanted to check something in a new purchase. I updated the desktop app (running OS X 10.10.1) as prompted. Everything went smoothly. I tried to open the book and I got the message "Content Locked."

I tried a few more books, there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason. A free book I got yesterday opens, a purchased / DRM protected book doesn't. DRM protected books purchased within the last 10 days open, as well as non-DRM'ed books.

The download buttons are available on my Kobo.com library page for these books but I haven't tried to download yet.

Any thoughts?
Cosimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:01 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try a logout from the Kobo Desktop and then relogin. Yes it will make Desktop redownload all books.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2014, 01:09 AM   #3
Cosimo
Groupie
Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cosimo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Try a logout from the Kobo Desktop and then relogin. Yes it will make Desktop redownload all books.
Solved!

After this multiplying shelf madness I was working up to quite a fit.
Cosimo is offline   Reply With Quote