Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-18-2023, 04:03 PM   #1
meepmeep
meepmeep began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
How to move Reading Stats onto an updated book?

Hello everyone,

I am currently reading a web novel that has been completed. But the epub /kepub I am currently reading is not complete. I now have the complete epub, but I want to keep the reading stats on the same book.

How can I transfer the Reading Stats from the original to the new and completed book?

I am using Libra 2 and used Calibre to import the book.
meepmeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 04:10 PM   #2
stutz
stutz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
You can configure calibre to do just that. In "Device->Configure this device->Collections, covers and uploads", you can check "Do not treat replacements as new books".
Backup your device's database beforehand in case it doesn't work.
stutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2023, 04:13 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You can use the Kobo Utilities plugin to store and restore the reading status. The help for the plugin covers creating the custom columns to store the information. I've attached images of my custom column setup and what the store/restore panel looks like.

I do not recommend the 'Do not treat replacements as new books' since that will cause issues when the ebook navigation and the database's copy of the navigation do not match. I only use it when I do minor edits on an epub and do not change the document layout which adding chapters will definitely do.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	column_setup.png
Views:	80
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	200438   Click image for larger version

Name:	store_restore.png
Views:	76
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	200439   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_custom_column_setup.png
Views:	68
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	200440  

Last edited by DNSB; 03-18-2023 at 04:15 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 04:22 PM   #4
Lys
Zealot
Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

I do not recommend the 'Do not treat replacements as new books' since that will cause issues when the ebook navigation and the database's copy of the navigation do not match.
AFAIK, the only way to avoid this issue is by using KoboUtilities "update ToC for selected book" on the book after sending the replacement file to the device (but it's been a while since I used this feature)
Lys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 04:46 PM   #5
meepmeep
meepmeep began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You can use the Kobo Utilities plugin to store and restore the reading status. The help for the plugin covers creating the custom columns to store the information. I've attached images of my custom column setup and what the store/restore panel looks like.

I do not recommend the 'Do not treat replacements as new books' since that will cause issues when the ebook navigation and the database's copy of the navigation do not match. I only use it when I do minor edits on an epub and do not change the document layout which adding chapters will definitely do.
Quick question, I am in the Customize Kobo Utilities Menu, and I followed your Columns, and they didn't all seem to add. I've restarted Calibre a few times now. How do I get it to add all of the columns?

Also, how do I find that Store or Restore Bookmark window? I went a little too fast and do not know my shortcut to open the plugin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KoboUtil.PNG
Views:	59
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	200445  
meepmeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2023, 08:24 AM   #6
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lys View Post
AFAIK, the only way to avoid this issue is by using KoboUtilities "update ToC for selected book" on the book after sending the replacement file to the device (but it's been a while since I used this feature)
Be careful with this -- if two ToC entries have the same title, it'll break the book outright. If that's the case, delete and re-send the book. Discovered this when tweaking the ToC of an omnibus with at least three "chapter 1"s...
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote