Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-20-2011, 09:04 PM   #31
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
The short stories are gathered together at Baen in the Liaden Universe Big Bang as I understand it. (that's the Unibus I and II).
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #32
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmmm View Post
I adore these books but find the order/website really confusing especially all the ShortStories. I am not familiar with the terms chapbooks/ARCs. I wish they would collect all the short stories togeether and just sell them in complete books and sets for us dummies
Well, actually they are.. Take a look at:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=13

At the end of the post are links to 17 sets of short stories (chapbooks) in numerical order. All available on Baen (Webscriptions), Kindle, or Barnes & Noble. Just picked them all up this afternoon.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #33
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
The short stories are gathered together at Baen in the Liaden Universe Big Bang as I understand it. (that's the Unibus I and II).
The Big Bang includes only the first 12 of the stories, for the rest I suggest that you follow the links in AnemicOak's post.

All the short stories are interesting, but none are essential to moving the overall plot line forward.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #34
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Glad you got hooked on the series, jgaiser! Once you work your way through the books, you'll probably decide on the reading sequence you prefer when you start to feel the urge to revisit that Universe.

I don't know how many times I've re-read that entire series, but when I start to feel the urge to revisit those characters, I always love the fact that there are so many books waiting for me.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #35
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I hate resurrecting this thread, but since it's been filled with Liaden experts I thought this was the best place to ask my question.

Somewhere since I started on the series, I ran across a Liaden dictionary/glossary. I don't know now whether is was online or in one of the books. Ring anybody's bells?

Finishing up "Plan B" today. Probably my favorite so far. Tried reading "Local Custom", but.... A bit too much Romance for my manly tastes.
Advert
Old 09-07-2011, 11:47 AM   #36
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
I hate resurrecting this thread, but since it's been filled with Liaden experts I thought this was the best place to ask my question.

Somewhere since I started on the series, I ran across a Liaden dictionary/glossary. I don't know now whether is was online or in one of the books. Ring anybody's bells?
There's a "Partial Liaden Lexicon" at the end of Mouse and Dragon.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #37
jgaiser
Omnivorous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
There's a "Partial Liaden Lexicon" at the end of Mouse and Dragon.
Thanks. Probably where I saw it. I'll check this evening
Old 03-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #38
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I'm currently re-reading the Theo Waitley books so went looking for info on the next book, Dragon Ship. I thought I'd post the info here that a release date of September 4th has been announced. From info on the Baen Bar Toni thought we'd be seeing an eArc sometime in April (probably).

Anyone else looking forward to this book?

AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #39
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oooooh!

I'm still hanging on that darn cliff from the end of Ghost Ship!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #40
jgaiser
Omnivorous

I'll purchase it when it's finally released, but I've got a lot of books yet to read.

Finished Agent of Change through I Dare along with Unibus I and Unibus II. Have a bit of a start on Fledgling, but other priorities have gotten in the way.

On the other hand, I've managed to get my roommate turned on to Liaden and she's just about through with I Dare and is looking forward to the rest.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #41
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm still hanging on that darn cliff from the end of Ghost Ship!
LOL, I know what you mean. I just finished my re-read a few minutes ago & now want to read the next book more than ever.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 03-04-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:32 AM   #42
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I'm currently re-reading the Theo Waitley books so went looking for info on the next book, Dragon Ship. I thought I'd post the info here that a release date of September 4th has been announced. From info on the Baen Bar Toni thought we'd be seeing an eArc sometime in April (probably).

Anyone else looking forward to this book?
I don't buy eARCs, and I try to stay away from reading the Baen authors' new works until the week of the release. If Baen continues to make the ebook available a few weeks before the paper edition release, I guess I know what I'll be reading this August, Dragon Ship, and Bujold's Captain Vorpatril's Alliance in October. And unlike the Agency publishers, the Baen ebooks are always reasonably priced from the day of the release so I don't have to wait a year or so for the price to drop.

Last edited by bgalbrecht; 03-05-2012 at 03:44 AM.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #43
Joykins
Wizard

Is there going to be an e-arc of Capt. Vorpatril's Alliance sooner? I may be slightly more excited about that one...
Old 03-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #44
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Is there going to be an e-arc of Capt. Vorpatril's Alliance sooner? I may be slightly more excited about that one...
I don't think anything's been announced, but I can't imagine there won't be one. When is the question, going off other examples maybe late spring/early summer?
Old 03-05-2012, 12:39 PM   #45
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
eArc is on my wish list. Just as soon as we see it, I'll probably grab it. It will be my first eArc, but I just can't wait. Sigh. Bad me.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote