Old 03-19-2023, 09:13 AM   #1
Knivalodo
Knivalodo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 10th generation
Lightbulb jailbreak 5.15.1 ❤️😍

Hello friends
I bought a Kindle paperwhite 10th generation today

Version: 5.15.1

I wanted to jailbreak it, is there a way or should I sell it? Because without the koreader software, it has no use at all.
Knivalodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 11:46 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
No, it won't work. Needs to be 5.14.2 or less.

I would get a device that doesn't require jailbreak and save yourself some effort and anxiety about device updates breaking things.

Paperwhite 10th generation is not that great in any case (display, performance).

Last edited by tomsem; 03-19-2023 at 11:56 AM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 02:27 PM   #3
Knivalodo
Knivalodo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 10th generation
Why doesn't anyone think of jailbreaking this version?
All programmers are lazy.
Because it cannot be jailbroken, I regret my purchase. No Persian PDF can be opened optimally on the device
Knivalodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 02:56 PM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knivalodo View Post
Because it cannot be jailbroken, I regret my purchase. No Persian PDF can be opened optimally on the device
With that kind of attitude I suggest you look elsewhere for help. I doubt you’ll get it here.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 03:20 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I would get a device that doesn't require jailbreak and save yourself some effort and anxiety about device updates breaking things.
Any Kobo.
But there isn't much wrong with a PW3, it's 10th gen?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 11:56 PM   #6
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Any Kobo.
But there isn't much wrong with a PW3, it's 10th gen?
pw3 is 7th gen. pw4 is 10th gen.

I'm actually tempted to buy a pw4 32gb, but there are no refurbished or secondhand models available here. I just want a device that could fit my library and I can just put my tbr and favorites on my main device.
hleo12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 06:15 AM   #7
Kusuri
Connoisseur
Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4+Fire 7", Onyx Boox Nova Air
Quote:
Woah. i never even thought about that, till you mentioned it!

...no, for real now. lets be serious. do you think jailbreaks fall from tree's or something? jailbreak need security vulnerabilitys in the software or hardware.
and finding those isn't easy. sometimes its so difficult, that even experts can't do it for years on some devices.

you can't just click a button and have a jailbreak. i recommend you to inform yourself about what a jailbreak is & how it works and what it requires. then you see why there is currently no jailbreak. it's not because nobody wants to jailbreak this version, its because they CAN'T.

asking why nobody is thinking about jailbreaking this version is like asking why nobody breaks into a high security place that has guards around, diamond doors and laser traps. it's just not possible without finding a exploit or security vuln that enables you to do it.
Kusuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 11:00 AM   #8
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusuri View Post
asking why nobody is thinking about jailbreaking this version is like asking why nobody breaks into a high security place that has guards around, diamond doors and laser traps.
Yeah. There's a word for places like that. Jails. It's in the name
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 12:16 PM   #9
Kusuri
Connoisseur
Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4+Fire 7", Onyx Boox Nova Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
Yeah. There's a word for places like that. Jails. It's in the name
Jails have Lasertraps and Diamond Doors?
Kusuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 04:37 PM   #10
flowoeB
E-Reader Sammler
flowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheeseflowoeB can extract oil from cheese

Device: plenty...
Quote:
learn how to program and jailbreak it. or are you too lazy?
flowoeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 11:27 AM   #11
jonathan2022
Connoisseur
jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jonathan2022 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android
I would never call someone lazy especially dor something I couldn't do myself. In which case I wouldn't need to wait. Insulting them won't make it go any faster. If they can as mentioned they will. They don't even get paid to do it. So it's all in there spare time.
jonathan2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 04:20 PM   #12
Patitapetit
Connoisseur
Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Patitapetit knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: Kindle e Ink
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowoeB View Post
learn how to program and jailbreak it. or are you too lazy?
Don't be silly
Patitapetit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 05:14 PM   #13
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patitapetit View Post
Don't be silly
It is post #3 that is silly.
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 05:48 PM   #14
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patitapetit View Post
Don't be silly
Did you read post #3 in this thread? Where the OP stated that "All programmers are lazy" as the reason that there is no jailbreak for 5.15.1.

What is your opinion of anyone who buys a device without a known jailbreak and then whinges about the lack of a jailbreak?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 04:50 AM   #15
katadelos
rm -rf /
katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.katadelos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5, KT, KT2, KT3, KT4, KV, PW2, PW3, PW4, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Where the OP stated that "All programmers are lazy" as the reason that there is no jailbreak for 5.15.1.
It's not like this is factually incorrect though, I agree with them
katadelos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, kindle 1 font hack