Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-15-2022, 02:25 AM   #1
killo3967
killo3967 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Transforming tags rules in metadata download

Hi.

I have found that when I create two different rules to transform tags when downloading metadata, the list of available tags is the same, i.e. all tags.

Shouldn't a tag, once used in a rule, disappear for the rest of the rules ?

I think that if the rules are executed one after the other, once a rule finds a tag and modifies it, there should not be another rule with the same tag.

But this is not the case, because all tags are available when I create a new rule.
killo3967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 02:45 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The list of tags is simply a convenience for when you are creating the rule. In actual usage, the tags will come from the downloaded metadata and have nothing to do with the list of tags available in the rule creation tool.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 02:57 AM   #3
killo3967
killo3967 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I already figured out that the list of tags comes from the downloaded metadata.
What I mean is that when I choose a tag for one rule, it is not available for another.
This way it is easier to manage tag rules in the metadata download.
killo3967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 05:47 AM   #4
mirino
mirino began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook InkpadX
I have created 4 rules for tags

However, when I download metadata from the databazeknih.cz source, the rule is only applied to the first downloaded tag

Calibre 6.14
mirino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 06:09 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

it will likely be a unicode normalization issue. The unicode normalization will probably be different between the tags you entered and those being downloaded. The plugin should normalize its tags to normal form.
Old 03-21-2023, 06:18 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Actually, no calibre already normalizes downloaded tags. This should take care of it: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...80de1a7ed3ba1c

Tags
metadata, transforming tags rules